ITT: Tips and Tricks for Borderlands 2

#11MindersPosted 10/25/2012 1:28:14 AM
All the legendary drops I've found from him (a few CC, impaler, grenade mods a volcano and a head) have been very close to him or under him. I've had suspicions of legendaries being blown into the lava but as it was in the insta kill lava and not the "safe" lava I could never verify it. Never found any legendaries in "mid range"
---
"homer the lord only asks for one hour a week" -Marge
"in that case he should have made the week an hour longer..." -Homer (GF)
#12SicSlaverPosted 10/25/2012 1:46:43 AM
Minders posted...
All the legendary drops I've found from him (a few CC, impaler, grenade mods a volcano and a head) have been very close to him or under him. I've had suspicions of legendaries being blown into the lava but as it was in the insta kill lava and not the "safe" lava I could never verify it. Never found any legendaries in "mid range"

Under him? Oh no....
#13noobkingthe3rdPosted 10/25/2012 5:14:49 AM
Does the Warrior really despawn if you die after killing him?
As far as I know he becomes a part of the background, rather than an enemy prop after his head explodes.
---
" I'm not looking for help, I'm complaining. This is GameFAQs, isn't it? " -Shad0wflare
#14WhiteNutsPosted 10/25/2012 5:30:33 AM
noobkingthe3rd posted...
As far as I know he becomes a part of the background, rather than an enemy prop after his head explodes.

Just dieing won't make him de-spawn, but if you leave the area and re-enter, he will de-spawn. You die just so you can access the upper level of the vault again (since if you leave to Eridium Blight from the lower exit you can't re-enter without running through Hero's Pass again).
#15InfestedAdamPosted 10/25/2012 6:26:33 AM
Tip: Picking up ammo, even if you're maxed out on that type will give your party members half the amount should they need that ammo. This is not to suggest picking up all ammo all the time but rather when no other party members are in the general vincinity.

Tip: Keep at least one high damage explosive rocket launcher in your weapon slots at all times if possible for the following reasons:

1. Explosive is not weak against anything and gets a 2x bonus against armour
2. Useful at taking down Badass+ enemies when things are in a pinch
3. Very useful at getting Second Wind without too much risk of your a target running away.

Tip: Per my friends, Maya's Res talent does not restore shields to full so spamming it in some cases will hurt your party members more so than help them. Make your best judgement and see if letting them attempt a Second Wind is better than recovering them with less than full shields.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#16Blade_KirbyPosted 10/25/2012 6:55:25 AM
WhiteNuts posted...
noobkingthe3rd posted...

Just dieing won't make him de-spawn, but if you leave the area and re-enter, he will de-spawn. You die just so you can access the upper level of the vault again (since if you leave to Eridium Blight from the lower exit you can't re-enter without running through Hero's Pass again).

This never works for me. Every time I die after killing Warrior, the elevator is stuck at the top and there is no switch to bring it back down. Am I just blind and can't see the switch?
---
I want to find the developers of this game and shoot them in the face with a bean bag. - Topcover on APB
They're too busy being homeless. - Laquill
#17Robtcee13Posted 10/25/2012 7:30:25 AM
Tip: Explosives are two hits when they're bullets or rockets. They deal their damage on impact, and to a radius around the impact. This means that explosive weapons actually have far higher damage than is displayed on the weapon card... assuming you're halfway accurate. The radius around the impact site actually goes through any kind of impenetrable defense as well. Shielded enemies? Break out the explosives to do half the usual impact damage to em!

Tip: In True Vault Hunter Mode, enemies that normally take less damage from attacks have a chance to resist the damage entirely as well. In your first playthrough, you have no reason to care, because most of what will happen is purely damage reduction. Use elemental guns to your heart's content when you need to get to TVHM.

Tip: Salvador has a skill that enables you to throw two grenades at the price of one. Combine this skill with transfusion, MIRV, or bouncing betty grenades for true chaos. This makes some battles completely effortless and trivial.

Tip: If you don't spend your cash, you have more to lose when you die. If you do spend your cash, you can re-sell the stuff that you bought to get your cash back. This is only actually helpful if you know that you are going to die literally hundreds of times... so, take this to heart once you encounter your first bandit in TVHM.
---
If you think my name is silly, you should call me either Rob or LaughingThesaurus.
No need for being strictly formal on a message board, right?
#18SicSlaverPosted 10/25/2012 7:38:31 AM
Tip: If you stand where the Warrior's head will land when he dies, it will kill you.

Tip: Using up all your money at the slots so that you don't pay as much to Hyperion for respawns is extremely boring.
#19michaelsoftmanPosted 10/25/2012 8:23:39 AM
Tip: Carry a Nukem if you want easy 2nd winds.
---
Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?
#20SicSlaverPosted 10/25/2012 9:56:04 AM
WhiteNuts posted...
noobkingthe3rd posted...

Wait... how do you access the upper levels without an elevator?