Bloodshot Ramparts - Potential Easter Egg

#1leingod41Posted 10/25/2012 9:47:08 AM
I was running through Bloodshot once again in my second playthrough yesterday when I decided to do some exploring.

In the arena zone right after the bandit is killed gladiator style with the exp loader, there are some boxes that make it possible to walk up that huge I-beam. Walking up there, I notice an ammo crate next to a house and presume that I can reach there safely. At this time i am still on the map.

Then I see that there is a hanging building swinging in the breeze. Well I'm thinking, "there has to be a reason for this. Why else would they make it possible to get up here and put some loot in no-man's land?" So I jump to it and land o the building. I am now off the map and I am freaking out because I might be one of the first to discover a new Easter Egg.

Looking around, there is a hidden doorway that I could not access from where I jumped. But from my new angle, it might be possible. But then there are some more buildings and walkways that seem to lead back to the starting point to bloodshot ramparts.

Has anyone gotten this far or farther?
---
Expert at nothing. Amateur at everything.
Seriousness wrapped in sarcasm and lightly battered in hatred.
#2Slade8Posted 10/25/2012 10:13:49 AM
I've been there before. After dying a few times trying to jump into that doorway I stopped trying.
#3cody4783Posted 10/25/2012 11:52:46 AM
I actually went up there the first time I was crossing the dam, because I genuinely didn't see the open container bridge to walkthrough, and I assumed it was the way I was supposed to go. Didn't see much of interest, trying to jump to places ended in death, so like the above poster I just gave up...Eventually I noticed the container bridge and just continued the level.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#4CaterwaulPosted 10/25/2012 1:17:12 PM
Like the others, went up there on my first time through the level. Didn't see anything interesting, but there some missing textures up there--which typically means that they don't want us up there.

...Of course, there are situations in this game that are exception to this rule.
#5leingod41(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2012 2:10:19 PM
Ah so the prospect of dying hinders exploration.

Its a real shame cause I'd have loved for there to be an easter egg in the hanging home. I think it would have been a perfect spot since its out of the way, mildly uninteresting, and off the map.
---
Expert at nothing. Amateur at everything.
Seriousness wrapped in sarcasm and lightly battered in hatred.