New Character skipping straight to TVHM

#1GroadergreenPosted 11/1/2012 1:08:25 AM
I imagine some people have already done this but I don't think it's common knowledge so I'll share it with people here. The Gibbed editor is very useful for swapping parts around in your gear, changing item levels, or flat out generating an item yourself. A much simpler thing it will allow you to do is kick a character straight to TVHM.

Once you've gotten your hands on the editor feel free to make a new character in game and then quit out and exit the game for a bit. Load up the editor and look through the saves to find the character you just made.

General Tab
-Set Experience Level to what you want (Between 31-33 is decent)
-Click Sync next to Experience Points
-Give yourself the proper number of skill points (Level -4)

Raw Tab
-Set PlaythroughsCompleted to 1 (not LastPlaythroughNumber since that just remembers which playthrough you were doing last before you quit out)

This will let you select TVHM when you reselect that character. You'll be naked so it'll be semi rough but I'm sure anyone who is tired of having to do normal mode before TVHM on a new character can tough it out.
---
The Official Demonee-Ho of the SMT IV Board
#2viperesquePosted 11/1/2012 1:10:32 AM
Cheers for that. I couldn't figure out how to do it because I was trying to change LastPlaythroughNumber.
---
FACT: Four out of five people are crushed to death by giant diamonds every day.
#3Groadergreen(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2012 2:03:24 AM
My only concern is whether or not they'll give you the 3rd and 4rth weapon slots in TVHM. The toggles might be right in Gibbed but I haven't fooled around with it enough to notice them yet.
---
The Official Demonee-Ho of the SMT IV Board
#4xfyrenxPosted 11/1/2012 2:06:28 AM
My only concern is whether or not they'll give you the 3rd and 4rth weapon slots in TVHM. The toggles might be right in Gibbed but I haven't fooled around with it enough to notice them yet.

I was just about to ask whether the slots would be available or not. Well, time to experiment.
---
"Eat all your school, stay in milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep and get eight hours of drug." Mr.T
#5xfyrenxPosted 11/1/2012 3:21:50 AM(edited)
Ok, so I couldn't find anything in the save editor, but you can use cheat engine to unlock the other 2 slots.

Also, a couple of things: You can use one character who has access to the shared storage to get some stuff, since you can access it from Claptrap's place in TVHM, and the fact you have your skill ready and upgraded should make the beginning much easier than if you where truly naked.
---
"Eat all your school, stay in milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep and get eight hours of drug." Mr.T
#6ninja_lootzPosted 11/1/2012 3:49:38 AM
Manufacturer's Grade = Item's Level

If you want to edit weapons and other items into your save then keep that in mind.
---
Lowest LoL ELO: 896
Current LoL ELO: 947 (-19)
#7NicoGrimmPosted 11/1/2012 9:11:52 AM
Weird.
So, the "PlayThroughs completed" thing works perfectly when I tried it on my level 19 Salvador, but my level 36 Gaige (been playing with a friend, finished the story together, but my solo gaige is way behind) seems to not want to go to part 2, and it keeps resetting.

Any idea what's going on?
---
Bunnies, bunnies it must be bunnies! ...or maybe midgets...
#8Viper114Posted 11/1/2012 9:57:27 AM
I kinda wish they'd give this option officially for those who get that far. Make it so you can start a new character at TVHM at Level 30 with the starting gear all white quality for Level 30s to use. Would that be so hard or wrong?
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."
#9xfyrenxPosted 11/1/2012 10:02:49 AM
but my level 36 Gaige (been playing with a friend, finished the story together, but my solo gaige is way behind)

I think it's due to having finished the story in co-op. Since you have the editor, remove the later story missions from her, I guess.
---
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier
#10NicoGrimmPosted 11/1/2012 11:06:15 AM(edited)
So umm, tried to catch up the legit way, got to the quest where you have to put in the new power core, it asked me if I want to skip, I hit yes, and... it moved me to "remove" power core. Which is like the enxt styep on the quest I was already on.
ANy way to fix this? I tried changing the active mission number and all that, but it resets abck to default each time.

Sigh, so finished the next quest, it once again asked me if I wanted to skip, I said "yes", and... I'm now on the next stage of the quest I was already on.
I am so confused. :(
---
Bunnies, bunnies it must be bunnies! ...or maybe midgets...