Tediore's business practice

#11NicoGrimmPosted 11/13/2012 3:09:40 PM
Cinsidering were getting a Torgue centered DLC soon, where I assume we get to meet the people in charge, Im hoping well get the others soon as well.
---
'Cause I like you so much better when you're naked! I like me so much better when you're naked!
#12synthetiksinPosted 11/13/2012 4:46:51 PM
Even though it's a game that doesn't require too much of an explanation, I always thought that the new tediore guns were bought ahead of time but are so ridiculously cheap. For example, an smg that costs 20000 creds, every gun the player physically has on their hands is a fraction of that around 100 each, making each reload 100 dollars + ammo. Reloading 200 times is just a "prestigious customer" bonus.

I love tediore smgs.
#13Matty_G33Posted 11/14/2012 12:29:37 AM
If they can manage to keep reproducing expensive E-Tech weapons, then there's probably some specific kind of digistruct tech they have patented somewhere between the last five years to keep reproducing them.
---
You hop around trying to click on the bad guy's head before he clicks on yours first. ~Interrobangin, on CS:GO
#14The Ghost SongPosted 11/14/2012 5:17:09 AM
You are the one carrying the digistructor. Buying a Tediore just gives your module the license to produce them.
#15Viper114Posted 11/15/2012 9:16:45 AM
The Ghost Song posted...
You are the one carrying the digistructor. Buying a Tediore just gives your module the license to produce them.

That's how I perceive it. What Tediore does is create a digistruct template that details the gun in every aspect, and your digistruct module creates the gun every time you want it. But rather than implement reload functionality, they made it so that it's disposable instead and your module digistructs it every time.

A rather nifty way of doing it, IMO, as opposed to carrying big ass guns slung across your back. Why not all the gun manufacturers use digistructing to store their weapons for ease of carrying, I have no idea.
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."
#16LobsterDandyPosted 11/15/2012 10:28:35 AM
Viper114 posted...
Why not all the gun manufacturers use digistructing to store their weapons for ease of carrying, I have no idea.

That's how it was in the first game; every time you switched weapons your dude would reach for their digistruct module.

I haven't played in a while so I can't remember watching someone else switch guns so I don't know if they're perpetually grabbing them off their backs or what.
---
I believe in Artemis Hound & John Magnum
The heroes 215 deserve.
#17xfyrenxPosted 11/15/2012 11:04:10 AM
Viper114 posted...
Why not all the gun manufacturers use digistructing to store their weapons for ease of carrying, I have no idea.

That's how it was in the first game; every time you switched weapons your dude would reach for their digistruct module.

I haven't played in a while so I can't remember watching someone else switch guns so I don't know if they're perpetually grabbing them off their backs or what.

The guns are being digistructed when you switch (even the ones on your back, they disappear from there and reappear in your hands). Very easy to see with the third person view mod.
---
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier
#18MarikhenPosted 11/15/2012 12:02:37 PM
JimiMorrison187 posted...
It's magic. /end topic

This is Borderlands 2, not Mass Effect 3. There is no space magic.
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#19t3hNubPosted 11/15/2012 12:23:53 PM
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Any sufficiently explored and explained magic is indistinguishable from technology.

Also this:

The Ghost Song posted...

I'm reminded of "3D printing." Also Exosquad, the recollection of which made me smile. Thank you.
---
Don't get hit and hit it until it dies, in that order.
Kill it, carve it, wear it, repeat it.
#20ShadowFoxhound(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 8:20:41 AM
Marikhen posted...
JimiMorrison187 posted...
It's magic. /end topic

This is Borderlands 2, not Mass Effect 3. There is no space magic.

What about the Siren's powers. All of those fancy abilities are not performed by using any device or tech. They can be considered as sorceresses.