Apparently I pissed someone off and he sent me a steam gift...

#1Mr_visariPosted 11/24/2012 5:57:11 PM
I was giving some of my orange weapons to another guy in my game....then another guy shows up, says I'm ruining the game for this person. Blah Blah Blah and 15 minutes later he leaves suddenly.

10 Miutes ago he sent me Secrets of the Magic Crytal...

...So I bought it and gifted it to him...

He is not happy at all now.
---
"Names are for friends, so I don't need one".-Mr.47
Hitman Professional Edition Pre-Ordered :D
#2mrNicknamePosted 11/24/2012 6:03:46 PM
If the person wants the orange stuffs and you have spare then that's fine, is not ruining the game. But to handout uber "black" weapons that is game breaking.

And i don't know, depend on that person's view if you return the gift sometimes can be offensive.
---
AMD i386 100MHz, 8MB RAM, Generic VGA graphic, play pong at 60fps
#3Mr_visari(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 8:52:32 PM
I'm sure the gift was meant to be very offensive. He tried to report me after for sending him the same gift.
---
#4StarryKnightsPosted 11/24/2012 10:31:40 PM(edited)
I must say, this topic is one of the most bizarre ones I've read during my time on GameFAQs.

Let's see if I understand this: The guy is mad at you...so he gifts you a game. And you get your revenge, by gifting him the same game he gifted you. Which pisses him off so he reports you...for gifting him a game.

I'm sorry, I must be missing something because this makes a grand **** all of no sense.
---
"If you're going to be a mod, you should work harder to get rid of your humanity. It's creepy." ~ Monker to The Paragon
#5BridlingPosted 11/24/2012 10:40:56 PM
This is one of those threads were the TC is either lying or true, which would make just make me laugh at how stupid some people are.
---
It takes an idiot to do cool things, that's why it's cool
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii519/Nayroy18/48ad8e96_zps0ffebfc8.gif
#6CreepGnomePosted 11/25/2012 12:24:48 AM
This is one of those threads were the TC is either lying or true

So, every single thread?
---
Ma-shi-nuh, because there's no such thing as a "correct" way to pronounce things.-zero7717 on pronunciation of Machina
http://i.imgur.com/eJDEa.png
#7StarryKnightsPosted 11/25/2012 2:29:30 AM
No, some topics contain lying AND the truth.
---
"If you're going to be a mod, you should work harder to get rid of your humanity. It's creepy." ~ Monker to The Paragon
#8MarkaSparkaPosted 11/25/2012 3:24:16 AM
Is there something I'm just not getting? This has got to be one of the strangest feuds I've ever heard about. So, how is Secrets of the Magic Crystal? I googled it after reading this thread and it honestly doesn't look all that bad.
---
I once was many things, but now I am only several.
#9cody4783Posted 11/25/2012 6:33:46 AM(edited)
Is there something I'm just not getting? This has got to be one of the strangest feuds I've ever heard about. So, how is Secrets of the Magic Crystal? I googled it after reading this thread and it honestly doesn't look all that bad.

It's a commonly "Gifted" game used to troll people who are either OCD about their game list, or don't want to be "shamed" by having the game, ect..

It's a really dull game with little gameplay outside of "brush horse", "press a couple keys in sync to train" (repeatedly, to boost stats), and then "Send horse off to go do all the things that are actually interesting". Rinse and repeat until you can upgrade, breed, level, and eventually acquire the McGuffins to "beat" the game. You don't actually see your horse going on quests, winning races, finding the Crystals, or doing jobs. You sit at the front gate to your "farm" and wait for it to return with money.

The game drops down to like $2 or less in the sales. Last time it did, it reached the top seller list just from people just trolling friends with a "joke" gift.

Personally I was gifted it during the Summer sale, gifted it back +1, and then logged into Steam and (legitimately) played the damn thing for ~3 hours and got a couple achievements just to mess with people. Gag gift me? I'll make it out like I'm enjoying it. :P
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#10Mr_visari(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 10:52:07 AM
Yes this is all true.

I asked one of my friends why he would send me this game and he said it commonly used to troll your steam library. It was only 1.99 so I bought it and sent it to him.

I dont usually go on Reddit but this game made its way there a while ago according to my friend.
---