most and least favorite weapons manufacturers by weapon type

#1igor140Posted 11/25/2012 9:16:50 PM
just curious as to what uses you guys find for these and to see if any of your opinions differ

PISTOL
+ jakobs (or maliwan)
- hyperion

only reason to consider mailwan pistols are in case you don't use SMGs at all

SMG
+ maliwan (or dahl)
- hyperion

i use SMGs almost exclusively for their elemental properties, but i've come across some AMAZING dahl SMGs (lascreaux!)

ASSAULT RIFLE
+ dahl (or torgue) (jakobs if i have to)
- hyperion

i LOVE three round burst assault rifles... the problem is that i haven't found a decent one since level 14 : / in the meantime, i get a lot of use out of the explosive damage of the torgue's... but they're kind of hard to use.

SNIPER RIFLE
+ jakbos
- hyperion

really nothing else to say... it's rare that i consider anything other than a jakobs

ROCKET LAUNCHER

+ whatever
- whatever

i don't use them much, but i always keep one on hand for emergencies. that being the case, i generally don't have any preference whatsoever, though i try to shy away from elemental rocket launcher to keep them useful in all situations.

SHOTGUNS

+ hyperion
- jakobs

the only gun type for which i will even consider using hyperion. the first shot may not connect well, but after that, a hyperion shotgun suddenly acts like a pistol that fires 15 bullets at once... the accuracy increases INSANELY. jakobs shotguns blow goats because i have never seen one hold more than 4 shells, and considering most decent shotguns require 3 or 4 shells per shot... you basically have one shot and it's done. even at point-blank range that only OHKOs psychos... and not always.

so i'm really more curious as to how you guys use your weapons, and what attributes you like or dislike about certain manufacturers.
---
without God, death is the only absolute
#2CRCGamerPosted 11/25/2012 9:30:27 PM
Pistols
+Torgue Pocket Rocket, insane damage and highly accurate
+Tediore (has to be a purple though!), high spike damage
+Vladov (preferably a double tap), rapid-fire mini-smg fallback.
+/- Jackobs, small clip but high damage
-Remaining brands

SMG
+Tediore (Has to be purple!), rapid fire... great clip with allegiance relic, high spike damage
-All else

Sniper
+Jakobs, extreme damage
+Maliwan, great elemental chance
-All else

Assault
+Torgue (has to be rocket type, standard sucketh and mini-gun type is merely okay)
+Vladov
-All else

Shotgun
+Jackobs (if playing Gaige) else +Torgue (gibs, gibs everywhere!)

Launcher
+/- dependency on how the launcher works. Even bandit launchers will be used if Legendary, though otherwise I prefer a reload of under 3-4 seconds.
#3STG DeathbotPosted 11/25/2012 9:51:47 PM
Pistols - Either 100+% melee damage bonus or my Fibber since the ricochets do insane damage.

SMGs - I don't use them

Shotguns - Whatever is strongest

Assault Rifles - Whatever is strongest

Sniper Rifles - Whatever is strongest

Rocket Launchers - Whatever is strongest

There you have it. My complete list of weapon manufacturers sorted by weapon type.
---
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 8GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | SLi eVGA GTX 670 4GB VRAM 1006/1084/6008 | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440
#4ShinesmanOWPosted 11/26/2012 12:14:29 AM
I have no idea why people like Maliwan SMGs. They're OK, I guess, and Moxxi's guns are pretty good, but as a class they're nothing special.

The Lascaux is good, and the SMG you get during the Scarlet campaign isn't too shabby (both Dahl), but most SMGs are pretty weak. The only ones I've found that are really exceptional are Tediore plasma casters (and the Baby Maker, though that's much rarer) because they do crazy damage on the reloads.
#5AlleRacingPosted 11/26/2012 9:52:23 AM
Pistol
+ Torgue
- Bandit

SMG
+ Tediore
- Bandit

Assault
+ Torgue
- Bandit

Shotgun
+ Hyperion
- Bandit

Sniper
+ Vladof
- Hyperion

Rocket
+ Torgue
- Maliwan
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#6InfestedAdamPosted 11/26/2012 10:46:06 AM
SMG-Maliwan or Bandit
Despite the low proc, with the average firing rate that SMGs get it seem fairly easy to get multiple procs. At the same time, because of the firing rate it seems easy to go through an entire clip to kill some Badass enemies so the larger clips from Bandit are nice as well.

Sniper Rifle-Jakob
When it is easier to land a wellplaced critical shot I want as much damage as possible on the initial hit.

Shotgun-Jakob
When using shotguns I tend to prefer getting up close and personal so want to inflict as much damage as possible so prefer the raw damage output of Jakob.

Assault Rifles-Torque
There's just something funny about shooting miniture rockets and fortunately, the assault rifles seems to be the only ones that have a decent rifing rate.

Pistol-Dahl or Jakob
I tend to treat pistols as something between a SMG and sniper rifle so the burst fire from Dahl or high raw damage output from Jakob are rather nice in that regards.

Rocket Launcher-Torque
I primarily use rockets to get Second Wind so prefer Torque for their neutral damage boost and AoE splash.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#7MexgamerPosted 11/26/2012 11:20:30 AM
Pistol
+ Vladof
- Bandit

Vladofs have good clips and accuracy with high damage and RoF.

SMG
+ Hyperion
- Bandit

Assault
+ Dahl
- Jackobs

Shotgun
+ Togue
- Bandit

Though Hyperion and Jackobs are great as well.

Sniper
+ Vladof
- Dahl

Rocket
+ Vladof
- Badit

I love my Etech Vladof. Free shots and huge AoE.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag/PSN ID: GungriffonEX
Nintendo machines are good for one thing: selling Nintendo games to the easily amused. - Segabastard
#8namtrac007Posted 11/26/2012 3:43:14 PM
Pistol
+ Torgue
- Bandit

SMG
+ Tediore
- Bandit

Assault
+ Torgue
- Bandit

Shotgun
+ Torgue
- Bandit

Sniper
+ Vladof
- Dahl

Rocket
+ Torgue
- Maliwan
#9namtrac007Posted 11/26/2012 3:44:11 PM
Damn. Pistol is Vladof.
#10Mastermidget23Posted 11/26/2012 5:29:16 PM
Pistol
+Jakobs
-Hyperion

I gotta give it to jakobs for fire rate and huge hitting power. Not a fan of hyperion and their usual "your first shots are going to fire wild" approach. On a side note I was going to list how worthless I find torgue handguns, but seeing as I'm now using an unkempt harold as one of my my main weapons I have to admit they've moved up a notch. As a general rule the explosive ones are still not worth it to me.

Smg
+Maliwan
-Dahl

This one isn't even a contest for me. I mained maya for a while, so the elemental procs were great. Even without them on Salvador, or only slightly on Gaige, smgs are just amazing for elemental procs. I also like the added complexity of switching elements to deal with different things. As for Dahl...I mean it's an smg, a fully automatic weapon....that I can only fire full auto in bursts >_>

And before anyone says it, no, i'm not going to fire from the hip.

assault rifle
+VLADOOOOOOF
-Jakobs

It feels like blasphemy to put a Jakobs in the negative, but I just don't like their rifles. Considering the fire rate is entirely dependent on my trigger pulls, I think i'd rather use one of the pistols that hits just as hard, but doesn't have a stupid reload time. As for the positive, well I like some others don't think assault rifles, in general, have a lot going for them in borderlands 2. However, throughout most of my leveling I was getting good use out of rocket rifles. I thought for a moment i'd be placing them at the top, but considering how vladof makes my favorite eridian weapon, the laser assault rifle, and that my acid version has become one of my favorite weapons, I have to give them props.

shotgun
-Hyperion(followed closely/situationally by Torgue)
-Bandit

As a general rule, I consider most bandit weapons to be sub par (which isn't to say I haven't used some specific ones extensively), but when I think a shotgun, a large clip size is not the first priority I have in mind. Hyperion have everything I want. Amazing rate of fire, great accuracy, usually good clip size (okay, so it's still nice), and just general well rounded stats. Special mention goes to torgue and it's portable wall of explosion generators. Generally if I'm seeing loads of loaders, I break out the torgue.

sniper
+Jakobs
-Dahl

What more can I want than a good fire rate and heavy damage on a sniper rifle from Jakobs? Special mention goes to maliwan though for a very good elemental proc chance. As for Dahl, I realize the idea is that we'll get six or so shots on the spot were aiming at with one pull, but unless things are different for zero or something, everytime I personally tried this, I just ended up getting the first shot on their head, and MAYBE one more on them before the rest perforated a wall.

rocket launcher
+Torgue
-uh...

This is a hard one. Most rocket launchers get ranked individually for me, and they ALL have their ups and downs, so hey, kudos to gearbox for balance here I guess. I gotta give the edge to torgue though. Reliable extra-explosive damage is just what I want to hear if i'm in fight for your life mode and everyone around me has a shield or armor.
---
I know it doesn't work that way, but dammit, that's what's going to happen.~Bitaku