most and least favorite weapons manufacturers by weapon type

#11synthetiksinPosted 11/27/2012 3:47:27 AM
PISTOL
Vladof

ROF > Everything else. I use a high accuracy, high damage, high crit Assassin build and a burst of Vladof will kill anything. Plus those purples look soooooo good.

SMG
Tediore

High mag sizes definitely helps with -1 mag reloads. Makes them the ultimate SMGs for different situations. Again, high burst damage but with the added benefit of nade damage.

ASSAULT RIFLE
Vladof (Dahl)

Vladof for ROF and they just look so badass. Dahl's burst fire on my Assassin build is basically a three burst shotgun with super accuracy, doing crits with them is insane.

SNIPER RIFLE
Jakobs (Dahl)

HUGE damage with high accuracy. Again, Dahl's burst damage with high fire rate makes them like Skullmashers without being legendary. Purple guns look like ass though.

ROCKET LAUNCHER
Bandit

High mag count AND multimissiles for one round.

SHOTGUNS
Jakobs (Bandit)

High damage plus quick reload makes, Jakobs shotgun my go to brand. Bandit's high mag count makes them really good, too. With all that said, my favorite shotgun is a legendary Tediore.

I hate torgue guns for slow rounds even with faster round perks and elemental damage is negligible when you kill stuff right away.
#12Foxxie_kunPosted 11/29/2012 4:57:09 PM
Assault Rifles
+Vladof/Dahl/Torgue: I need decent damage, and of course the faster and steadier, the better. Vladof is my go-to for rifles for this reason, with Dahl close behind for its consistency and accuracy when burst-firing, and Torgue still useful because despite moderate accuracy and lower fire-rates, splash damage and above-average damage per shot is still useful.
-Jakobs/Bandit: Slow fire rates and massive recoil coupled with massive magazine sizes and reload times for bandit, or semi-automatic low-magazine sizes and metric tons of recoil per shot for Jakobs? No thanks...

Shotguns
+Torgue/Bandit: Triple or Quad-barrel Torgue shotguns chew through ammo almost as fast as it can blow chunks out of badasses, and is equally great for area effect suppression of normal enemies. Bandits are also great, but most notably I love the hell out of Sledge's shotgun. Two-shot bursts of double-barreled love <3
-Jakobs: Low magazine sizes and generally only holding one or two shots per reload really kills an otherwise useful shotgun unless you get some bonus reload speed.

SMGs:
+Maliwan/Dahl: I honestly love elemental SMGs, so Maliwan is my go-to for SMGs. Dahl is also great, as they generally have nice fire-rates and burst-fire is great for them in SMGs.
+/-Bandit: I don't dislike bandit SMGs, but I dislike the commonality of their low fire-rates and slow reload speeds.

Sniper Rifles
+Maliwan/Vladof: Maliwan are great for popping someone with a decent DoT or slagging them from general safety, while Vladof are great for rapidly snapping critical points with minimal downtime.
-Dahl: Burst-fire and below average damage does not a good sniper rifle make. I'd rather use a Jakobs with its one-shot massive damage over a Dahl "Ammo Waster Deluxe".

Pistols
+Jakobs/Maliwan/Vladof: Generally anything that has decent per-bullet damage output or can consistently and quickly rack up damage on close-range targets is good in my books.
-Bandit: I HATE low accuracy, low fire-rates, slow reloads, and moderate damage when it all applies to the same gun...

Rocket Launchers
+Tediore/Maliwan/Bandit: My favorite thing ever is turning my rocket launcher into an actual rocket itself. Otherwise, elemental damage or multi-rocket damage prevails.
-Torgue: Truly the average rocket launcher, and even against Vladof launchers all it has going for it is above-average damage.
---
Want a great site for trainers and cheats for PC games?
Try the cheat happens website.
#13wantfastcarsPosted 11/29/2012 10:32:58 PM
For weapon Snipers and SMGs (only two real weapon types I use with regularity)

Snipers:
+Maliwan: I loved Maliwan sniper rifles in BL1 (though not as much as Jakobs) and they only feel better in BL2, actually beating out Jakobs for my favorite (though I suspect I'll eventually come across an absolutely superb Jakobs at some point).
-Dahl: Never really liked Dahl for anything besides Combat/Assault Rifles, and my general dislike carries over into sniper rifles. They feel weak and inaccurate - why waste time trying to land three weak bullets when I could just land one very strong one?

SMGs:
+Maliwan: Elemental, elemental, elemental. Stack dem procs, boys.
-Hyperion: Hyperion weapons in BL2 feel wrong to me. Negative recoil doesn't make sense and requires you to spend more ammo than necessary most of the time.
---
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2
Selling: Purple Shooter's Sola Topi, S Half Zatioichi
#14dorimePosted 11/30/2012 2:57:38 AM
igor140 posted...

SHOTGUNS

+ hyperion
- jakobs

jakobs shotguns blow goats because i have never seen one hold more than 4 shells, and considering most decent shotguns require 3 or 4 shells per shot... you basically have one shot and it's done. even at point-blank range that only OHKOs psychos... and not always.

Ah, but if you play a Gunzerker and use Inconceivable and 5 Shots or 6 (plus a class mod with +6 5 Shots or 6), then you can literally fire Jakobs shotties 30+ times in a row without needing to reload. Coupled with Jakobs' insanely high fire rates, you can blow any enemy to shreds in mere seconds...
---
\.../\.../
#15Tuff726Posted 11/30/2012 12:41:07 PM
Favorite Pistols: Jakobs (high damage and rof), especially with two fer prefix.
Least Favorite: Everything NOT Jakobs as they are useless for dps.

Favorite SMGs: Maliwan (especially for Plasmacasters)
Least Favorite: Bandit (they are just all over the place with accuracy)

Favorite Assault Rifles: Vladoff (for rof) and Jackobs (with x3 shots)
Least Favorite: Not sure. I only like using the above two.

Favorite Shotgun: Jakobs (high damage and instantly empties a clip, very nice for an Anarachy Mechroancher) & Hyperion for their accuracy surprisingly.
Least Favorite: Bandit (extremely innacurrate or has weird bullets)

Favorite Sniper Rifle: Jakobs (highest damage)
Least Favorite: Dahl (the burst fire ruins everything)

Favorite Launcher: Bandit (love the clip size increase)
Least Favorite: Tediore (I hate slow moving rockets)

So overall.... Jakobs is beastly.
#16Tuff726Posted 11/30/2012 12:44:21 PM
dorime posted...
igor140 posted...

SHOTGUNS

+ hyperion
- jakobs

jakobs shotguns blow goats because i have never seen one hold more than 4 shells, and considering most decent shotguns require 3 or 4 shells per shot... you basically have one shot and it's done. even at point-blank range that only OHKOs psychos... and not always.

Ah, but if you play a Gunzerker and use Inconceivable and 5 Shots or 6 (plus a class mod with +6 5 Shots or 6), then you can literally fire Jakobs shotties 30+ times in a row without needing to reload. Coupled with Jakobs' insanely high fire rates, you can blow any enemy to shreds in mere seconds...

Also Mechromancers gain a stack of Anarchy every time they deplete a magazine/clip (while in combat) so having a shotgun that can unload everything in 1 second and then reload quickly (due to mecro skills) is just amazing.
#17Crimson681Posted 11/30/2012 2:26:11 PM(edited)
Pistols:
+Vladof
-Maliwan

Vladof pistols got the high ROF, high damage, and high mags.

Maliwan is just decent damage, low on everything else.

Assault Rifles:

+Vladof
-torque

The Vladof E-techs are the best assault rifles in the game.

I hate the torque rocket bullets, they are slow, and got low ROF, which = missing more shots on moving targets, high damage per hit, but low DPS due to less shots being fired.

Snipers:

+Vladof
-Hyperion

Vladof Snipers have good damage per hit, high mag, high rate of fire, and are fully automatic. Also have great stability in zoomed automatic fire. Typical of other Vladof weapons.

The accuracy increasing over time is a huge negative for a sniper, which is all over the place, and that is why I hate hyperion snipers.

Rocket Launchers:

+ Bandit
- Vladof

I like the spread rockets, they rack up insane DPS, so Bandit is the winner here. Also if you use a bee shield the spread rockets are even better.

Vladof is god tier in most everything, but Vladof launchers just suck. I don't really feel the need to explain why, it should be obvious here, lol.

SMGs:

+Hyperion
- Everything else

The increasing accuracy while firing helps with weapons like SMGs, and makes it easier to isolate criticals with a fast ROF weapon. And the unique Hyperion ***** SMGs are the best ones in the game.

Shotguns:

+Hyperion
- Everything else

Conference Call anyone? All shotguns were bad IMO except for CCs.
#18TsurukePosted 11/30/2012 2:52:26 PM
PISTOL
+ Jakobs
- Hyperion

I really like the Maggie for this one.

SMG
+ Tediore (or Baddit)
- Hyperion

I say that because of the Babymaker and Slagga

ASSAULT RIFLE
+ DAHL (or Torgue)
- Hyperion

I love using the Scorpion and the KerBlaster if I need to use an assault rifle

SNIPER RIFLE
+ Jakbos
- Hyperion

Really nothing else to say...except Skullsmasher and Cobra (DLC2)

ROCKET LAUNCHER
+ Torgue
- Whatever

I don't use them much, but i always keep one on hand for emergencies (Nukem or the Norfleet).

SHOTGUNS
+ Tediore
- Hyperion

Although I have the Conference Call (still think its over-rated) but I don't like the instability when using it at first -- much like with most Hyperion weapons. However, I love the Blockhead and how strong it is making it a close 2nd (1st to me due to that reason stated above) to the CC
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#19PijinzPosted 12/1/2012 6:18:20 AM
PISTOL
+Vladof
-Hyperion

I like a lot of these. Jakobs and Maliwan are pretty good too. Not so sure on the Dahls as they seem like the exact same thing as the SMGs only not as good. Anarchist wins it for me. Hyperion makes zero sense in a pistol.

SMG
+Dahl
-Bandit

Mainly for the Lascaux. Maliwan a close second. Also Hyperion aren't too bad. I had a decent Hyperion Shock Plasma Caster near the end of the game and it made short work of the latter stages.

ASSAULT RIFLE
+Torgue
-Dahl

Vladof are also great of course. Basically anything with a scope and decent recoil. If you get a nice accurate Torgue with one-ammo-per-shot and you're using a character with some sort of bullet speed upgrade, then they're the best ones to use. For everyone else, Vladof all the way. Dahls are broken. Mechanically they're great, but they just do sod all damage. I've had level 50 purples with seemingly good stats, but they don't do anywhere near as much damage as an equivalent Vladof.

SNIPER RIFLE
+Vladof
-Hyperion

If I had infinite ammo, I would only need one weapon. Every time I see a badass, I switch to my Vladof Sniper. Much like with the Pistols, there's no point in Hyperion's mechanics for a slow firing weapon type.

SHOTGUNS
+Hyperion
-Bandit

Jakobs a very close second. But Shotguns are the one weapon type that really suits Hyperion. Nice fire rate to get the bonus accuracy, and because it's a Shotgun it doesn't actually matter all that much that the initial shots are lower accuracy.