The Hoplite shield

#1KyerofoxPosted 11/26/2012 8:37:23 PM
Don't use it, it may give you 200k shield, but you die before the shield even goes down. I had it on and my HP went down before my shield =\
---
PSN: Kyero X360: Kyero
99 Humanities and a Glitch ain't one. If you're having soul problems I feed bad for you son.
#2eco masterPosted 11/26/2012 8:43:09 PM
Weird. I don't have one, but reading up on it, it seems like that is probably not an intended effect.

Where do you pick one up, anyway? Is there a Seraph vendor that I'm oblivious to in the second DLC? I know the shield was added in it, but it hasn't shown up at the Oasis vendor.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#3Kyerofox(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 8:53:06 PM
guy dropped it in a party, no one grabbed it so I did.

I went back to my game and a lvl 45 killed me instantly and my shield was max.
---
99 Humanities and a Glitch ain't one. If you're having soul problems I feed bad for you son.
#4leingod41Posted 11/26/2012 9:05:05 PM
The More you Know Theme
You're playing around with some other people. You don't know them, but you're having fun. One of them drops an item that looks amazing. Nobody else picks it up so you do; thinking others have better. Wrong, nobody else picked it up because it was tampered with.
The More you Know Theme
---
Expert at nothing. Amateur at everything.
Seriousness wrapped in sarcasm and lightly battered in hatred.
#5eco masterPosted 11/26/2012 9:05:53 PM
The More you Know Theme
You're playing around with some other people. You don't know them, but you're having fun. One of them drops an item that looks amazing. Nobody else picks it up so you do; thinking others have better. Wrong, nobody else picked it up because it was tampered with.
The More you Know Theme

Is there a shield that naturally works in the way described? Because that's the ONLY way this would apply to the situation.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#6Kyerofox(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 8:19:24 AM
It seems legit to me but I was suspicious about it, I use my black hole tho, I thought somethin was fishy with this shield.
---
#7shadow dreamerPosted 11/27/2012 1:50:30 PM
I have been using mine for a week and never had the issue you are describing.

Are you by any chance a mechromancer with Sharing is Caring? There is a "bug" with that that when you summon DT it doubles the special effects of your shield on you as well, and with a legendary tortoise or the hoplite that can result in you having a negative health, and I have heard of a similar glitch related to that.