Did they stealth buff Jack?

#1NicoGrimmPosted 11/27/2012 3:54:35 PM
So, when the game came out, I played through co op with a friend. Finished part 2, and Jack was a total pushover.

Just finished the game again (also co op) on part 2 and... Jack seems significantly stronger. He was taking next to no damage, dealing out a lot, and even summoned loaders, which I had no idea he could do!
We both had much better gear now than on the first run. Anyone know whats going on?
---
'Cause I like you so much better when you're naked! I like me so much better when you're naked!
#2Death_RagnellPosted 11/27/2012 8:31:50 PM
I don't know much about co-op but I found that he got a bit harder after the recent patch.
I knew that he could summon loaders since I was taking my sweet time with him pre-patch.

I played as Gaige in both playthroughs and I only used the thunderaball fists against him.
The shields went down just as fast but I seemed to be doing less damage to his health.

Maybe I just wasn't paying attention to how much anarchy I was stacking up the first time. But overall I did find that they made him a slightly harder.
#3igor140Posted 11/27/2012 9:38:03 PM
i finished my "first" playthrough with maya not long before the patch came out... once i had his shield down (which didn't take long), it only took four shotgun blasts to take him out completely (though he was slagged, so that helped a lot).

i just now finished TVHM and he was MUCH tougher. i had assumed that was because of the game mode, but perhaps not...
---
without God, death is the only absolute
#4treez_123Posted 11/28/2012 1:32:27 AM
i think it's because of TVHM

but they could have ninja'd a health buff to jack along with the wilhelm buff update
---
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197965186478
tf2 backpack : http://tf2b.com/?id=76561197965186478
#5ChaoticInfectedPosted 11/30/2012 4:32:13 AM
After playing through all 5 characters normal mode, 3 of them beaten the game pre-patch, i notice no difference. TVHM does make him tougher and has more heatlh, but that's about it. He's still a very easy kill in normal mode, and he lasts about one or two minutes longer in TVHM.
#6TsurukePosted 11/30/2012 1:55:50 PM
NicoGrimm posted...
So, when the game came out, I played through co op with a friend. Finished part 2, and Jack was a total pushover.

Just finished the game again (also co op) on part 2 and... Jack seems significantly stronger. He was taking next to no damage, dealing out a lot, and even summoned loaders, which I had no idea he could do!
We both had much better gear now than on the first run. Anyone know whats going on?

This could very well go your reason why: http://i50.tinypic.com/nqe0ki.jpg

TVHM "Badasses" have stronger stats with the more people you have.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#7trunks76140Posted 12/1/2012 2:46:16 AM
ChaoticInfected posted...
After playing through all 5 characters normal mode, 3 of them beaten the game pre-patch, i notice no difference.

TBH I'm kind of surprised you say you didn't notice any difference. Each class plays so differently, and you can be at widely varying levels depending on sidequests and weapon selection/drops, etc. Unless you played the game the exact same way with same weapons with same stats and everything... but where is the fun in that?

Personally I've only run 2 chars through normal, and I noticed a little bit of a difference between them just because of weapon/skills. My first char was a sniper Zero, and I just made him MELT in like 2-3 hits or so cause I had heavily invested in crit damage and sniper damage. Now add in the active skill where you deal massive damage coming out of it...

Second time was an Anarchy Gaige wielding SMGs. he still melted pretty easily, but it took a little longer cause I wasn't scoring those massive crits for like x500 damage (or whatever), I had altered my playstyle some to make more use of elemental weapons (as I was practicing for TVHM), and I think I skipped some side quests so I was lower level. Just those small factors alone made the fight pretty different.

Now, if we're talking pure health.....

ChaoticInfected posted...
TVHM does make him tougher and has more heatlh

Which is true for everything in TVHM... more health and elemental weapons make more of a difference. And this is also probably exactly what the TC was experiencing based on the post.
#8ChaoticInfectedPosted 12/1/2012 4:25:34 AM
I've used different weapons, relics, etc etc with each character, for the same reasons you've already said: it wouldn't be fun. All those times were on normal mode where Jack wasn't an issue at all.

With a bit more detail, my Zero throwing all 5 kunai uses at Jack defeated him quickly. Then with Gaige I had her already her at 400 stacks with a Jakob's shotty, so that didn't take long at all. Gunzerker I had a great etech combo of eletric blaster/pbfg launcher....etc .

Side note: IMO normal mode was a lot of fun single-player wise, but multiplayer wise TVHM mode was the way to go. TVHM solo just isn't fun.