Borderlands MMO, would you play it?

#11Maxi_AdelheidPosted 12/1/2012 7:39:57 PM
Regarding the chests thingie, Gearbox can implement instanced dungeons so everytime you enter dungeon the chests are refreshed and closed for you to open again.
#12trunks76140Posted 12/1/2012 8:14:24 PM
Maxi_Adelheid posted...
Regarding the chests thingie, Gearbox can implement instanced dungeons so everytime you enter dungeon the chests are refreshed and closed for you to open again.

They don't even need to go that far... They can just make them respawn every x minutes based off how many players are in the area when it's opened. They should probably also make the loot of a little higher quality though to account for the number of people that may be in an area at one time. Or give one or two chests great loot with longer respawns and the rest respawn quick with poorer loot.
#13CreepGnomePosted 12/1/2012 9:52:17 PM
Or make every chest's contents client-side, so there's no worry about the number of people in the area.
---
Ma-shi-nuh, because there's no such thing as a "correct" way to pronounce things.-zero7717 on pronunciation of Machina
http://i.imgur.com/eJDEa.png
#14wanderzPosted 12/2/2012 3:56:03 AM
yes i would play it...

it would probably need more classes, more class levels and skills tho.

i think it would help to bring back the weapon skill levels from borderlands 1 tho.. so you can level up your skill with shotguns for example.

treasure chests should of course respawn like they do in most mmo games.. possibly not in the same area over and over. they could easily spawn in multiple locations. with big chests guarded by bosses.
---
i tried being serious once, in 1989.. didn't particularly care for it.. so don't expect it to happen again.
#15TheVillageIdiotPosted 12/3/2012 11:32:27 AM
I would not play a Borderlands MMO, but it has nothing to do with design ideas, balancing, or complications that may come up with this game in particular.
I simply dislike that type of game. I loved the KOTOR games - played them each half a dozen times at least and prayed for a true third game in the series - but I haven't touched TOR even though it is totally free. I love The Elder Scrolls games but I guarantee I will never even try the MMO they are making.
#16Tuff726Posted 12/4/2012 6:29:57 AM
Seegtease posted...
Persistent massively populated worlds, probably multiple planets, proper raids (instanced, likely) and balanced.

Would you play it?

No. MMOs ruin lives.