Loved BL1's Siren Class - Will I...

#1firepixiePosted 12/3/2012 11:07:45 PM(edited)
Will I enjoy BL2's Siren?

Played BL1 to hell and back, only as Lilith.

I loved the "synergy" of her attacks.

1. While cloaked you deal damage Damage over Time to nearby enemies

2. Shanking someone while cloaked deals more damage (obviously)
2a. Exiting cloak to shank someone deals an immediate shockwave of AOE damage
2b. Exiting cloak sets everyone around you on fire for a massive Damage over Time burn
2c. When they all die cuz of your burning DoT, your Cloak is ready to be used again because of a certain trait

I heard that the Siren class in this game doesn't have this move set.

Please tell me this isn't true =.=
#2funkyfritterPosted 12/3/2012 11:22:21 PM
http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/siren.html

Take a look at the skill trees and decide for yourself.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
#3Link_JPosted 12/4/2012 12:19:27 AM
if you want an action skill that breaks aggro, lets you run around while the enemies are not attacking you, and lets your next hit while the power is active do more damage use the Assassin.
If you want an action skill that once it is powered up does lots of random status effect damage don't use the GunZerker.
if you want to play as the weird super powered chick with blue markings, use the siren!
#4trunks76140Posted 12/4/2012 12:26:11 AM
firepixie posted...
I heard that the Siren class in this game doesn't have this move set.

Please tell me this isn't true =.=

Sorry but it's true (based off the skill tree... not really played a Siren)

However, there is a silver lining here... A couple things that you described can be found on Zer0, the Assassin. His action skill is a cloak that you deal extra damage upon exiting, and he has some Melee focused skills.

That said, I never played Siren in BL1 nor a melee Zer0, so I can't say exactly how similar they are in playstyle. But from a pure skill perspective you're going to find some similarities there.
#5Matty_G33Posted 12/4/2012 2:21:04 AM
Zer0 is the closest thing you can get to Lilith, sans expertise in elemental damage that is.
---
What lies beneath?
Spikes do!
#6d3athandr3birthPosted 12/4/2012 5:18:16 AM
I was sad as well. I now have a level 50 Maya that destroys the world. Phase lock takes time to get used to, but turns out it is amazing.
---
PSN & Steam: D3athAndR3birth
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 and Darksiders 2
#7InfestedAdamPosted 12/4/2012 10:46:11 AM
Matty_G33 posted...
Zer0 is the closest thing you can get to Lilith, sans expertise in elemental damage that is.

I'll second what Matty said. If you want to play with the cloaking aspect again then Zer0 is the better choice for you. Though both Lilith and Maya are still the expects when it comes to elemental damage, Maya now however is more about support and control than the phasewalking and cloaking Lilith.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#8TAoRPosted 12/4/2012 12:00:50 PM
Damn shame Blight Phoenix is nowhere near as good as Phoenix
---
Oh, oh, oh ice-cold milk and an oreo cookie...
#9NicoGrimmPosted 12/4/2012 12:18:37 PM
I honestly believe that Maya is WAY more fun to play than Lilith ever was.
---
'Cause I like you so much better when you're naked! I like me so much better when you're naked!