Zoning back to Hero's Pass from Vault of the Warrior... how?

#1GharonPosted 12/10/2012 6:19:59 AM
And i don't mean the obvious "go out to Eridium Blight and then back inside" way.

Randy Pitchford of Gearbox said that in case you're unlucky and a good item is stuck under the Warrior's body you can zone out to make it disappear.

Now i've read others asking how to get back up... you have to kill yourself in lava to spawn back at the checkpoint near the vending machines.

So far so good, but the idiotic elevator doesn't have a switch to call it down or go up again.

So how would you be able to get back up there without going through the Blight and fighting your way aaaaaall the way through Hero's Pass again?

I'm just wondering because in these posts i've read they sounded like it was no big deal to get back up... so either i'm missing something very obvious or they were trolling... >_<
---
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
#2InfestedAdamPosted 12/10/2012 10:57:14 AM
That's interesting, first time I've heard of an alternative path back to Warrior's Vault. If the elevator doesn't work I can only think of running through Hero's Pass again. From my point of view it is no big deal because with my gear and skill point allocation I have about 51k shield and 94k health with up to 4% health per second regen. All that allows me to run through Hero's Pass without fighting anything.

If your gear isn't at that level it outta still be possible to just make a beeline for the transition point. I tend to just run with a rocket launcher to get quick Secondwinds in case I fall while running.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#3treez_123Posted 12/10/2012 12:01:15 PM
nope they werent trolling

the only way to get the items that are under the warrior is to exit out into eridium blight.

then go back to the place where you initially met clap trap

go up the stairs, fight through hero's pass all over again and then go into the vault of the warrior

or you could kill youself, and then use the fast travel station to hero's pass (i think)
---
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197965186478
tf2 backpack : http://tf2b.com/?id=76561197965186478
#4Tuff726Posted 12/11/2012 7:49:00 AM
Gharon posted...
And i don't mean the obvious "go out to Eridium Blight and then back inside" way.

Randy Pitchford of Gearbox said that in case you're unlucky and a good item is stuck under the Warrior's body you can zone out to make it disappear.

Now i've read others asking how to get back up... you have to kill yourself in lava to spawn back at the checkpoint near the vending machines.

So far so good, but the idiotic elevator doesn't have a switch to call it down or go up again.

So how would you be able to get back up there without going through the Blight and fighting your way aaaaaall the way through Hero's Pass again?

I'm just wondering because in these posts i've read they sounded like it was no big deal to get back up... so either i'm missing something very obvious or they were trolling... >_<

Umm... there is a fast travel location just before the warrior. If you die in the lava you should respawn next to it. Fast travel to heroes pass and RUN.