Aim Lag

#1_Fefo_Posted 2/2/2013 9:36:12 AM
Does anyone have this issue? A little search show me only co-op problems, and I never played online.

When aiming (iron sights? don't know the exact therm) there is a small lag/freeze between the last "aiming" animation and the actual aiming, similar to a small lag after the very first shoot of a game session. It becomes more clear with Hyperion sights, which has the farthest range.

I'm running the game from a laptop, and clearly this looks as a "power" issue. The game runs fine aside that (minor stuttering in longer, detailed vistas, like Tundra).
---
Brasil, sorry for any Engrish
#2PijinzPosted 2/2/2013 9:49:23 AM
Do you have auto-aim switched on? That can make aiming feel a bit laggy.
#3_Fefo_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 10:18:23 AM
Pijinz posted...
Do you have auto-aim switched on? That can make aiming feel a bit laggy.

Aim assist? Turned off before even starting the game.

Let me illustrate better: in Borderlands 1 (for those who played it) I can aim down, shoot with a sniper and quickly let go and press again RT (Xbox controller), which makes the aim quickly toggle and minimizes recoil (lame, but better than wait Lil finishing her seizure). Everything here happens smooth and seamless.

Doing the same in 2 causes a small freeze between the last frame of the aiming animation and the real aim view. If I continue to do this the freeze is shorter and after some time stops, BUT after some time without aiming, it happens again. Get it?

From my near zero understanding, when I aim the game loads "zoom view mode". This causes lag for the first time, but next times "zoom mode" is loaded, so no lag. During the gameplay "zoom mode" is unloaded, and everything cycles over.

TL;DR: How can I correct this? Buy a better gaming rig is a valid answer, but I expect more.
---
Brasil, sorry for any Engrish
#4OddplumePosted 2/2/2013 11:56:55 AM
Something else might be eating your resources, or your GFX are set too high? Maybe your Anisotropic Filtering is too high, or off?
---
Load the Spaceship with the rocket fuel, LOAD IT WITH THE WORDS!
#5_Fefo_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 12:24:26 PM
Oddplume posted...
Something else might be eating your resources, or your GFX are set too high? Maybe your Anisotropic Filtering is too high, or off?

AF is 8x, but the performance hit is pitiful. Downed from 16x only because the difference was imperceptible. Anyway, the only things which hit my performance noticeably are FXAA (ugly, do not miss it), view range (set to medium, max cause huge fps drop in large areas) and physx maybe (AMD card, never tried)
---
Brasil, sorry for Engrish