Looking for an Infinity Pistol

#1Delacroix87Posted 2/6/2013 2:50:22 PM
So i have been farming this thing for about a day, and every time i see it on my loading screen a get just a little bit more discourged :( help me out plz
---
Chuck!
#2funkyfritterPosted 2/6/2013 5:06:52 PM
Save editors were developed for stuff like this.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
#3ModhiriPosted 2/6/2013 8:01:50 PM(edited)
If you can get a trade and prefer to go that route, more power to you but beyond that, honestly, unless you feel that killing an easy enemy several hundred times improves you as a person somehow, I'd also recommend the above.

Nobody who matters is going to care whether your make-believe gun is 'legit', I assure you.
#4INGX3_GangsterPosted 2/8/2013 6:57:14 PM
Is anyone gonna hook it up?
---
http://i.imgur.com/GgqQm.png
#5MXRobPosted 2/9/2013 11:50:34 AM
Modhiri posted...
If you can get a trade and prefer to go that route, more power to you but beyond that, honestly, unless you feel that killing an easy enemy several hundred times improves you as a person somehow, I'd also recommend the above.

Nobody who matters is going to care whether your make-believe gun is 'legit', I assure you.

Well, I can assure you that you're wrong. There are lots of players who feel that using save editors, duping, etc. detracts from their gaming experience and won't trade items that aren't legitimately acquired.. Go check out the BL2 gearbox forums to see for yourself.
---
Welcome to Loserville. Population:You
#6ModhiriPosted 2/10/2013 2:25:11 AM
As I said, nobody who matters is going to care whether this random anonymous individual dupes a gun in a non-competitive video game.
#7MXRobPosted 2/10/2013 7:17:41 AM
Modhiri posted...
As I said, nobody who matters is going to care whether this random anonymous individual dupes a gun in a non-competitive video game.

Who would this even entail though, your grandmother? It's such a pointless thing to add to try to solidify your point but it doesn't even hold any relevance. If you're playing single player and don't plan to play online, sure, no one cares what you do with your game.. but you said no one out there cares ("who matters", whatever that even means) and I provided proof that people do. He hadnt even responded back, maybe he doesnt want to cheat; most people do feel a sense of accomplishment in obtaining or trading for an item legitimately.

Also, it doesn't matter if its non-competitive; you still play online with other people and should be mindful of their gaming experience too.. unless you truly just don't give a crap. A few weeks ago a buddy of mine showed me some weapons he hacked in order to max the stats on them and I refused when he offered to give some to me.
---
Welcome to Loserville. Population:You
#8ModhiriPosted 2/10/2013 12:35:50 PM(edited)
MXRob posted...
("who matters", whatever that even means)

It's my opinion that other anonymous sources of text on the internet, especially those who have the time to gripe about a complete stranger's playing habits in a non-competitive video game, are generally not including in my decisions on when it comes to leisure activities (or much of anything else, really).

I'm not saying it's 'wrong' that you feel some satisfaction from rolling the virtual dice hundreds of times in a row at several minutes per roll until you finally hit a double-yahtzee. I don't really understand it. I don't have patience for completely pointless and non-challenging timesinks like that myself but if you do, if you enjoy that, then knock yourself out. I simply suggested an alternative to someone who might not and was clearly getting tired of it.

you still play online with other people and should be mindful of their gaming experience too

I agree. I suggested he create a weapon that exists within the constraints and possible values of the game which, presumably, he would use himself and not offer up for trade. Using existing weapons with stats within the game's limitations shouldn't be ruining anyone else's experience. If you have a policy regarding trades for items that aren't 'legit' then more power to you but unless your friend simply offering ruined your game somehow, I guess I'm not understanding the offense.

In any case, that's more than enough off-topic blather from me. If a thread specifically about the philosophy and etiquette of cheating in video games pops up at some point, I'll happily pick it up again there.