Not sure what to think of this game

#1tasadar24Posted 1/24/2013 11:49:02 AM
I supported the Kickstarter because I figured, "why not".

After getting the actual game... I dunno, I was expecting tighter controls and more enjoyable dogfighting. That and I just can't seem to get the whole "unloading woop-ass" on enemies down with the strike-suit.

That's my initial thoughts after getting to the strike suit. Thoughts, people?
---
"What kind of dumbass runs from the cops and returns to the scene of the crime a minute later" -asked of a forumite
#2CloudXentarPosted 1/24/2013 12:20:25 PM
The dogfights are nice and there are some really catchy tunes but I honestly... expected more. The characters are really boring to me. The story, doesn't need to be anything original, but it's just not told in a compelling way. I thought this would be more story-driven game like Freelancer but...eh...

Back to Zone of Enders and Macross I guess...
#3Lord of NightmaresPosted 1/24/2013 6:54:54 PM
I think I had way more fun playing Omega Boost.
#4XKaliburPosted 1/24/2013 9:08:13 PM
Feels like Project Sylpheed to me... a lot. But I rather enjoyed that game, so I'll stick it out to the end. Especially for the cost involved.
---
This has been Fisting 101 with Bastard Poetry.
#5DionxDalaiPosted 1/25/2013 12:35:42 AM
tasadar24 posted...
I supported the Kickstarter because I figured, "why not".

After getting the actual game... I dunno, I was expecting tighter controls and more enjoyable dogfighting. That and I just can't seem to get the whole "unloading woop-ass" on enemies down with the strike-suit.

That's my initial thoughts after getting to the strike suit. Thoughts, people?

I'm not sure, on my first session I was like meh. Then I get the strike suit... no still meh. And I played it again today, and for wathever reason I enjoyed it a LOT more, the strike suit is just so awesome to use, switching in unlaunching tons of missile destroying everything in sight in mere second is really fun. That said, the story is still nothing special, the way it's told is bad and most mission are kinda repetitive.
#6ModhiriPosted 1/25/2013 7:22:36 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the collector's edition of the soundtrack that I purchased just happened to have this game attached to it.

It's not an amazing deal but I've certainly done worse for 20 and yeah, the game feels a bit like Silpheed to me too which I enjoyed immensely back in the Sega CD days. So far, the game itself seems... I don't know... "forgettable" on all counts beyond the music but if it kills a weekend of game-time, I figure I've gotten my money's worth.
#7Viper114Posted 1/25/2013 9:36:08 AM
Considering I've been dying for a good space game, either sim like Freespace or RTS like Homeworld, and the last few that have come out have all stunk, this is actually pretty decent for $15. It scratches the itch I've had for a space game, even if only for a little bit.
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."
#8tasadar24(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 10:10:31 AM
Viper, Star Citizen is on its way.
---
"What kind of dumbass runs from the cops and returns to the scene of the crime a minute later" -asked of a forumite
#9XKaliburPosted 1/25/2013 10:13:57 AM
tasadar24 posted...
Viper, Star Citizen is on its way.

That won't be until November next year. If we're lucky, really.
---
This has been Fisting 101 with Bastard Poetry.
#10Viper114Posted 1/25/2013 11:39:17 AM
Yes, as much as I WANT Star Citizen, it's still too far off. This game is out not, and it's working to scratch the itch.
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."