*spoilers* Distress Call

#1UnderwaterAirPosted 1/27/2013 6:21:57 PM
Alright. To unlock the armor on this mission you need to destroy the cruiser. Anyone have any idea how to do it yet? o_o

Bomber fires too slowly so you don't have enough time and the defense force that flies in with the cruiser will keep you off. No chance for the interceptor. Fighter and strike suit are the only two plausible answers I have for this but I'm still unable to do it. :(

I went in with the strike suit with full flux. I flew around the fleet to the rear and unloaded full flux. And then I was able to do about three bombing runs with the Titan rockets and that STILL wasn't enough to destroy the cruiser. The damned Mercury always folds out along before I'm able to destroy the cruiser.

Anyone got the trick for it or is it just not possible? o_o
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!
#2SirRegulusPosted 1/27/2013 7:34:14 PM
The Blade Bomber works. Spam seekers at the fighter wings and corvettes on your way, then park yourself at the rear of the cruiser and unload torpedoes into it until it goes down.
#3XKaliburPosted 1/28/2013 9:22:44 AM
SirRegulus posted...
The Blade Bomber works. Spam seekers at the fighter wings and corvettes on your way, then park yourself at the rear of the cruiser and unload torpedoes into it until it goes down.

Those seeker missiles are brilliant on the bomber for dealing with fighter waves too. Plus, yeah, the rear of the cruiser has a huge blind spot you can exploit and torp it to death, as mentioned.
---
This has been Fisting 101 with Bastard Poetry.
#4UnderwaterAir(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 3:11:00 PM(edited)
I find the two turrets at the rear cover it well enough that you have to take them at least one out first if you want to sit back there to to do damage but yeah...

Finally completed this. Thanks. >_<

-complete objectives only until the cruiser warps in
-fail it and restart at checkpoint so you get 200 swarm missiles again and any leftover enemies from the previous objectives will be gone leaving you with the cruiser, two corvettes and their fighter wings
-run through with the swarm missiles on only ONE corvette, killing it and as many of the fighters as you can
-take out one of the turrets at the rear
-begin bombing vendetta torpedoes onto the rear of the cruiser
-should finish in time, if too slow, ignore more fighters (but don't forget to take the corvette out)

I found that taking the time to kill two corvettes and killing most of the fighters in both attack groups spent too much time. Killing none would mean the Mercury dies before you finish. So the balance was just killing one corvette and most of those fighters ignoring the other corvette and its fighter wings.
---
#5UnderwaterAir(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 4:42:53 PM
Oh, and for the carrier, fail that and start it with 200 swarm missiles again. Should be relatively after that. Just boost out of the fight, turn back around, spam swarm, rinse and repeat until mission is over. It really is kind of annoying to do it unless you die and restart at checkpoint to get those 200 swarm missiles again on the bomber. :)
---