Urgh, the Suit Mode is uncontrollable!

#1Viper114Posted 1/28/2013 7:52:32 AM
Flying the strike mode is easy enough, but when I change to suit mode, it's like everything goes topsy turvy! I'm basically spinning around in all sorts of directions and can't keep anything in the targeting reticule. Anyway to make this easier to control?
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."
#2XKaliburPosted 1/28/2013 9:20:41 AM
Try lowering your sensitivity (although I will note that strike mode is what "suit" mode is referred to). There's an option specifically to make it less... twitchy.
---
This has been Fisting 101 with Bastard Poetry.
#3ZeroHieiPosted 1/28/2013 9:07:25 PM
Lower your sensitivity definitely. You should be flying around nicely like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk1EIlNu5X8
---
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who know binary, those who don't, and those who weren't expecting a base 3 joke.
#4AhmidaPosted 1/29/2013 7:22:22 PM
Viper114 posted...
Flying the strike mode is easy enough, but when I change to suit mode, it's like everything goes topsy turvy! I'm basically spinning around in all sorts of directions and can't keep anything in the targeting reticule. Anyway to make this easier to control?

I don't mean to pick on you, but you and the eurogamer reviewer had the same problem. Now as just an end user I think yeah you could miss it.

YOU AUTO LOCK TARGETS BY HOLDING DOWN SHIFT IN STRIKE MODE.

Let me repeat:

YOU AUTO LOCK TARGETS BY HOLDING DOWN SHIFT IN STRIKE MODE.

This doesn't just lock on to one target, no this will automatically target the next closest hostile after you destroy the initial.

Shift lock targeting is actually covered in the tutorial when you get the suit, AND they even give you a somewhat difficult volley of torpedoes you have to deal with to practice on.
#5jefe_de_jefesPosted 2/14/2013 6:37:51 PM
I had the same problem, the strike suit was uncontrollable until I read the instructions. Now my only problem is that I can't stay in strike mode forever because the damn thing is so powerful and beautiful it makes me cry with joy