67 Gency's to max out a Trapezohedron?

#51grungolahPosted 5/2/2012 2:09:49 PM
I was duping and killing gods, my HQ was all over the place.
#52Scy046Posted 5/2/2012 4:16:21 PM(edited)
Just doing some quick trials on an Item God has a 338 HQ pulling approximately a +0.45 multiplier. Now, the problem here is that HQ does not update when you kill an Item Boss so, technically speaking, each kill should give the same boost. But it's not. My Testament went from 51,570 to 53,262, to 54,939 which means the first kill was worth +1,692 and the second kill was worth +1,677.

Raising my HQ to 511 got me to 57,203 (+2,264) and then 59,454 (+2,251). Incidentally, this is around a +0.60 multiplier. Lowering my HQ to 483 and then doing two kills got me 61,589 (+2,135) and 63,739 (+2,150), which are both still pretty close to that +0.60 multiplier, though the second kill giving a larger boost is a bit weird as that would indicate the HQ was higher there.

If I had to venture a guess, HQ via the menu doesn't update itself after each kill yet it actually uses some of it up, hence the slight change in kill over kill. But then we're back to "so how is HQ calculated?" since the changes are weird. Hell, one of the Item God kills returned a larger value so it gained HQ from one kill to the next? I can't even make out how HQ gains are calculated as my samples for that seem rather randomly dispersed.

Nothing really conclusive to be gained from this, really. Really more of a self-curiosity thing. I'll have to put it off until some R40 item grinds I guess.
---
Imagine I said something witty or profound here.
#53__Pent__Posted 5/3/2012 12:59:03 PM
Scy046 posted...
If I had to venture a guess, HQ via the menu doesn't update itself after each kill yet it actually uses some of it up, hence the slight change in kill over kill. But then we're back to "so how is HQ calculated?" since the changes are weird. Hell, one of the Item God kills returned a larger value so it gained HQ from one kill to the next? I can't even make out how HQ gains are calculated as my samples for that seem rather randomly dispersed..

Are you sure something else isn't affecting your stat gains there? I've been going in with 332 HQ and consistently getting a gain of 29,025.
#54Scy046Posted 5/3/2012 1:26:37 PM
It's probable, though I thought I mentioned that; I must have deleted that bit. The item I was sampling on had some long forgotten history of Innocents used in it during the leveling process so it's not the most ideal test case (and, really, wasn't an actual test case, just was doing some kills and wanted to log them). That said, Innocent kills are static amounts added so it really shouldn't have had any variance within the variances, or at least any variation would be simple rounding differences. Still, you're right that there's most likely something else going on that was making the changes so it's good to get some other numbers going so we can get somewhere.

Anyway, what's the item you're leveling? I assume it's a Trapezohedron as that's precisely a +0.45 multiplier for it which more-or-less fits the assumption of ~300 HQ = +50%, ~500 HQ = +100%, ~700 HQ = +150%, ~900 HQ = +200%. Though, still need to figure out if it's a flat rate being added (e.g., those percentages should actually be set +.15, +.30, +.45, +.60) instead.

On the bright side, hopefully will have some time to get some real testing done. Hooray!
---
Imagine I said something witty or profound here.
#55DoctorVaderPosted 5/3/2012 2:47:40 PM
Tagging for all this awesome info
---
The ability to be a doctor is insignificant next to the POWER of the Force.