Best weapon type for Mao?

#1UncensoredPosted 6/17/2012 12:40:04 PM
I was thinking of giving him a staff early on and getting all the ice spells he naturally learns and eventually teaching him all the spells for staff.

I was wondering which weapon he is naturally best at based on his stat growth.
#2jelly_belly_Posted 6/17/2012 12:50:03 PM
I am quite new to the series and am trying to absorb what this game tells me, i remember it being mentioned, in game, that he prefers a sword even though he can equip other weapons.
#3Uncensored(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2012 1:03:07 PM
For Mao he has 4 weapons he is equally proficient in. I don't want to have too many characters using the same weapons so That is the reasoning behind going staffs for him.

I am using the guide: http://disgaea.gamexploiter.com/faqs/d3_char.php

Based on his stats I think he should be fairly good with staffs. He also has an Evility called Magic Boost that would be very useful if he was a Mage.
#4MyNameIsALiePosted 6/17/2012 1:04:51 PM
I always use Mao with swords, but that's just because I don't actually use him in fights. I'd lean more towards a Staff and ice magic in the long run. If you're not actually going to use Mao when you get access to the better characters in post game, I'd just stick with a sword.
#5Uncensored(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2012 1:10:00 PM
Yeah I plan to use him in my primary force. I want to be able to capture some of the best monsters and leveling him is the only way to get them since you can't capture anything that is a higher level then him. With access to all the magic spells in the game he has the potential to be a huge powerhouse. Going to level some generic classes for absorption so he can heal as well as deal damage.
#6Anodyne11Posted 6/17/2012 1:47:09 PM
I'll be using swords with mine, but I gave him all 6 skills for the 6 weapon types plus all spells (not including Tera)
Which I have a question for. How exactly do you get the other Tera spells? (I have ice but that's it)
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#7Uncensored(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2012 1:48:57 PM
I think you have to get them by absorbing a character who already has it. Not sure though since I only just started the game.
#8Anodyne11Posted 6/17/2012 1:57:15 PM
You can also learn skills from other characters via class world.
I meant how do you get a character to learn it so I can give it to other characters :P
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#9Uncensored(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2012 2:02:24 PM
You have to have the character equip the skill before they are absorbed.
#10neoC_ramPosted 6/17/2012 2:09:10 PM
Keep in mind that all his unique skills are attack based.
But well, the beauty of this series is that you can do whatever you want.
---
"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning." ~ Calvin & Hobbes