Creature and Town rankings! Read!

#1potatoman_637Posted 1/18/2008 6:59:23 PM
Alright, this was a survey on ceature rankings of each alignment, organized by level. No neutral creatures included.

I did this by mesing around with map editor. I made a hero, then lines of compliant monsters. Each line contained a certain level creature, 1 from each alignment. After gathering them, and filling my hero's army up, I went to a theives den and recorded whcih one ranked highest on the best creature area, then dismissed it and saw which one was next and so on.

I'm not sure how the best creature rankings work, but I am assuming that it doesn't include specials and only ranks by stats. Otherwise fortress would have ranked much higher. Also note that these are the upgraded creatures.

Level 1
1.Centaur Captain
2.Halberdier
3.Sprite
4.Gnoll Marauder
5.Skeleton Warrior
6.Infernal Troglodyte
7.Hobgoblin
8.Master Gremlin
9.Familiar

Level 2
1.Storm Elemental
2.Magog
3.Harpy Hag
4.Battle Dwarf
5.Wolf Raider
6.Obsidian Gargoyle
7.Marksman
8.Lizard Warrior
9.Zombie

Level 3
1.Royal Griffin
2.Iron Golem
3.Cerberus
4.Ice Elemental
5.Evil Eye
6.Grand Elf
7.Wraith
8.Dragon Fly
9.Orc Chieftain

Level 4
1.Vampire Lord
2.Greater Basilisk
3.Arch Mage
4.Ogre Mage
5.Crusader
6.Medusa Queen
7.Silver Pegasus
8.Horned Demon
9.Energy Elemental

Level 5
1.Pit Lord
2.Thunderbird
3.Power Lich
4.Minotaur King
5.Mighty Gorgon
6.Master Genie
7.Dendroid Soldier
8.Zealot
9.Earth Elemental

Level 6
1.Naga Queen
2.Dread Knight
3.Champion
4.War Unicorn
5.Magic Elemental
6.Efreet Sultan
7.Scorpicore
8.Wyvern Monarch
9.Cyclops King

Level 7
1.Arch Angel
2.Black Dragon
3.Gold Dragon
4.Titan
5.Arch Devil
6.Phoenix
7.Ancient Behemoth
8.Chaos Hydra
9.Ghost Dragon

Here are the town rankings creature-wise, made by adding up the ranks for each alignment creature of each level. For example castle would be: 2+7+1+5+8+3+1=27.

These are just the town's scores creature-wise. The buildings and heroes of each town are not invovled here, and if they were they would very likely change the results

1.Castle: 27
2.Tower:30
3.Rampart:32
4.Dungeon:33
5.Inferno:34
6.Necropolis:36
7.Conflux:37
Fortress:43
Stronghold:43
remember, higher number is worse

So in cunclusion, the town with the best creatures (stat-wise) is castle, worst is a tie between fortress and stronghold.
---
Infernal Dinosaur King Dodongo: SHOOP DA WOOP!
#2potatoman_637(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2008 7:05:39 PM
Oh, and tl;dr version:

Castle>(Stronghold=Fortress)
---
#3Magus999Posted 1/19/2008 3:58:21 PM
Interesting...though taking a week's worth of (castle-level) production would have been a better comparison, as some creatures most important ability is boosted numbers (e.g. Silver Pegasi).

Also, it looks like the AI vastly underrated ranged troops. Pretty much every single one (except Zealot and Titan) is at least two slots below where I'd put them.

I'm not sure how the best creature rankings work, but I am assuming that it doesn't include specials and only ranks by stats.
Clearly. I also don't think it takes into account speed, or at least if it does, it treats it as no more important than a number of other factors. Whereas most human players would consider speed far more important than a few HP or a couple points of attack/defense.

---
If the front page of your team's website features players who aren't there any more, your team sucks.
Go Buckeyes, Indians and Browns!
#4LoZKingPosted 1/19/2008 4:56:40 PM
I am assuming that it doesn't include specials and only ranks by stats.

One could tell this without even looking at the disclaimer because Grand Elf is not at the top of the Level 3 list.
---
Not changing this sig until 50 people (besides me) tell me they have shinies on their main D/P teams, hatched while IV breeding. Total: 2
#5potatoman_637(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2008 9:23:41 PM
Yeah, same goes with the mighty Gorgon. That made it pretty obvious.
---
#6AtombenderPosted 1/26/2008 7:46:34 PM
Also, it looks like the AI vastly underrated ranged troops. Pretty much every single one (except Zealot and Titan) is at least two slots below where I'd put them.

It seems that the AI is ONLY looking at the stats and totally disregards the ability of several units to shoot, strike twice, strike without retaliation, etc. It recognizes the Zealots' and Titan's no melee penalty though. Also it doesn't seem to factor in growth rate and horde buildings (which would make Phoenixes by far the strongest unit by numbers).

---
| || |) |) || |\ |
|_ |_| |\ |_) |_| | \| 440
#7AtombenderPosted 1/26/2008 7:53:04 PM
With that being said, the Magog's 2nd place really puzzles me. A very weak creature with a melee penalty and a splash attack very similar to Power Lich, Magic Elemental and Chaos Hydra, yet none of the other creatures are ranked at the top (Hydra is really down at the bottom, despite its huge damage potential).

---
| || |) |) || |\ |
|_ |_| |\ |_) |_| | \| 440
#8zz1000zzPosted 2/4/2008 7:06:16 PM
With that being said, the Magog's 2nd place really puzzles me. A very weak creature with a melee penalty and a splash attack very similar to Power Lich, Magic Elemental and Chaos Hydra, yet none of the other creatures are ranked at the top (Hydra is really down at the bottom, despite its huge damage potential).

No. Just no. Magog's splash attack is nothing like the Power Lich's. The Power Lich's does not affect undead, making it a good unit. The Magog's affects all units, making it a bad unit.

Magog, the upgrade that should never happen.
#9Magus999Posted 2/5/2008 1:40:04 PM
<No. Just no. Magog's splash attack is nothing like the Power Lich's. The Power Lich's does not affect undead, making it a good unit. The Magog's affects all units, making it a bad unit.

Magog, the upgrade that should never happen.

I think what Corbin meant is that he's puzzled why Magog ranks so highly whereas other creatures with similar hit-all specials are ranked really low.

And you're actually very wrong about not upgrading Gogs. It should be the last upgraded building you buy, but that's only because of the building cost (5 Mercury, which can be used more profitably on a Forsaken Palace). Late-game Magogs are actually very handy because you can hit an enemy War Machine, breaking it and also hitting the two stacks right next to it OR hit the central stack and nail three stacks at a time.

---
If the front page of your team's website features players who aren't there any more, your team sucks.
Go Buckeyes, Indians and Browns!
#10zz1000zzPosted 2/5/2008 3:43:04 PM
I think what Corbin meant is that he's puzzled why Magog ranks so highly whereas other creatures with similar hit-all specials are ranked really low.

I understand, and i agree with the confusion. I was just defending the awesome Power Liches.

And you're actually very wrong about not upgrading Gogs. It should be the last upgraded building you buy, but that's only because of the building cost (5 Mercury, which can be used more profitably on a Forsaken Palace). Late-game Magogs are actually very handy because you can hit an enemy War Machine, breaking it and also hitting the two stacks right next to it OR hit the central stack and nail three stacks at a time.

Except both of those uses require your Magogs have more speed than the enemy units, which should not happen. The main issue is Inferno relies primarily on melee attacks, which makes Magogs a horrible choice, as they should not attack into melee.

Gogs at least give you the ability to attack any units you want, and that is far more important.