Review

#1mhayes86Posted 5/14/2012 10:20:50 PM
http://venturebeat.com/2012/05/14/game-of-thrones-review/
Score: 40/100

I'm not familiar with this site or their credibility as game reviewers, so take it as you will. Their main complaints include the battle system and how cutscene/dialogue heavy the game is. It shouldn't make much of a difference, but their review was based on the 360 version of the game.
#2bushbandit007Posted 5/14/2012 11:36:21 PM
I got the opinion that it is very story orientated, and personally I do not mind that, where the person who wrote the review clearly did. In my opinion I really do not think it deserved a 40/100, that is just cruel.
I think the real problem is that these days everyone is expecting a fast paced action packed game with little to no story development and intrigue. Peoples attentions spans are just too short to appreciate some actual depth in a game.
I haven't even played the game and I think it looks worthy of at least an 80/100.
#3awesomephatmanPosted 5/15/2012 12:08:26 AM
IGN gave it a 4/10:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/15/game-of-thrones-review

says it has a great story with amazing payoff at the end, but you have to slog through glitchy, repetitive, ugly gameplay and blandly presented plot to get there.
---
I was floating in a peaceful sea
Rescued by a sinking ship
#4tryagainlaterPosted 5/15/2012 12:28:09 AM
bushbandit007 posted...
I got the opinion that it is very story orientated, and personally I do not mind that, where the person who wrote the review clearly did. In my opinion I really do not think it deserved a 40/100, that is just cruel.
I think the real problem is that these days everyone is expecting a fast paced action packed game with little to no story development and intrigue. Peoples attentions spans are just too short to appreciate some actual depth in a game.
I haven't even played the game and I think it looks worthy of at least an 80/100.

You haven't played the game but you think you can rate it? Ok.

This game getting terrible scores isn't surprising but still disappointing. I would have liked if it was good but oh well.
---
---
Madness! What magic is this!?
#5AuraicPosted 5/15/2012 6:12:45 AM
The RPGFan review paints a more realistic picture score wise I think.

http://rpgfan.com/reviews/Game_of_Thrones/index.html

75% seems to be a more fair assessment considering the complaints that have been leveled at it. The press can often be overly harsh on games that don't have AAA money backing them. I admit I haven't played Game of Thrones yet but having read the issues that have been consistently brought up the each review I feel like 4/10 is a bit harsh. Should the game be priced less then it is, probably, but that is getting into an entirely different problem running rampant in the game industry right now.
#6tomo012Posted 5/15/2012 6:55:21 AM(edited)
I think if you get the game bundled with the art book and other goodies it's worth the price, especially if you like story-driven RPGs.

If people are expecting Skyrim/Mass Effect type game they will be sadly disappointed.
#7tomo012Posted 5/15/2012 6:26:42 AM
Oh, and don't trust everything you read about a game from so-called experts as gaming journalism these days is laughable at best anyway.

From what 360 gamers who have the game have been saying it isn't nearly as bad as those reviews paint them.

Plus, Atlus backed this game so that should be some consolation as well.
#8mmc2679Posted 5/15/2012 6:36:17 AM
A RPG game with a good story...now that's something I am looking forward to. I can learn to live with outdated graphics, bad voice acting and such.
---
Since I am here that means I am hopelessly lost and need your help with something (or I have nothing better to do at the moment).
#9tomo012Posted 5/15/2012 6:54:52 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10tomo012Posted 5/15/2012 6:57:40 AM
A RPG game with a good story...now that's something I am looking forward to. I can learn to live with outdated graphics, bad voice acting and such.

Yeah, from what I've been gathering the story is actually really good as George R. R. Martin has been consulting on this game for three years. It had his stamp of approval from the get go, plus they were able to use quite a few actor's voices for the game as well.

Most reviews I've read have been comparing this game as a blend of Dragon Age and Witcher 2, and in my book, that is fantastic so I look forward to this game.