About those art-books...

#1darkrpgerPosted 5/18/2012 10:46:19 AM
Those hardcover art-books that come w/ the pre-orders (I'm pretty sure that both Amazon & Gamestop were giving them out w/ the pre-orders...so maybe it wasn't a "store" thing where you could only get it through ordering it through a certain store...but maybe it was an "ATLUS" thing that everyone who pre-ordered the game would get the book; no matter where they bought it).

Anyhow - I seem to remember reading on-line somewhere a few weeks ago that these books were to be both *Signed* by George RR Martin...as well have some sort of note/Intro written by him.

Can anyone here either confirm/deny that these art-books are:

A). Signed by George RR Martin, and

B). Have either a "Note" or some sort of "Intro" written by him as well?

Thanks-
---
A lot of truth is said in jest...Why'd you jump in my truck just to try and get truculent?!
Now Playing: Games...
#2mmc2679Posted 5/18/2012 1:14:08 PM
The book is indeed signed by Martin, but I don't remember seeing any notes from him. Then again, I breezed through the book while sitting at work, so I didn't get a good look at the questiosn, answers (and notes, if there were any).
---
Since I am here that means I am hopelessly lost and need your help with something (or I have nothing better to do at the moment).
#3darkrpger(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2012 2:21:50 PM
mmc2679 posted...

The book is indeed signed by Martin, but I don't remember seeing any notes from him. Then again, I breezed through the book while sitting at work, so I didn't get a good look at the questiosn, answers (and notes, if there were any).

Thanks!

Huh...a "64 page, hard-cover art-book, *SIGNED* by George RR Martin"...sounds suspiciously like it can't help but to become an awesome & highly sought-after collector's item down the road.

So, hold onto 'em & don't lose them!
---
A lot of truth is said in jest...Why'd you jump in my truck just to try and get truculent?!
#4mmc2679Posted 5/18/2012 7:39:59 PM
darkrpger posted...
mmc2679 posted...

Thanks!

Huh...a "64 page, hard-cover art-book, *SIGNED* by George RR Martin"...sounds suspiciously like it can't help but to become an awesome & highly sought-after collector's item down the road.

So, hold onto 'em & don't lose them!

The book is pretty awesome. Love the drawings, the leather binding, and the notes. It's really a collector's item.
---
Since I am here that means I am hopelessly lost and need your help with something (or I have nothing better to do at the moment).
#5chakramstrikePosted 5/19/2012 4:50:18 AM
on what page is it signed? mine wasnt signed? O_o
---
http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=32139
#6Smarti_12Posted 5/19/2012 10:14:46 PM
Mine is not autographed either, so I think it may be a bonus for specific pre -orders.
#7mmc2679Posted 5/20/2012 6:09:49 AM
The only "digital" signature on my book appears on Page 12, right under the Cyanide team member's picture. I think that's Martin's signature since that's the only one.
---
#8darkrpger(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2012 7:26:26 AM
chakramstrike posted...
on what page is it signed? mine wasnt signed? O_o

I finally got a chance to look through the book, and I *think* that the only place (at least the only place that I've found/noticed) that has anything that could/would be considered George RR Martin's signature would be at the bottom of page 12 ...where he signed something to the whole team at Cyanide.

So, I *guess* that (if you look at it *Really Hard* literally, technically, & semantically)...that would be why/how the promoters of the pre-orders were able to label the art-book as: "SIGNED" "by George RR Martin"...and *not* be subject to being sued for some kind of 'False-Advertising'...

...Granted...(IMO)...calling this "signed by George RR martin" is, to put it mildly, quite a *STRETCH* :P
---
#9darkrpger(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2012 7:28:16 AM
mmc2679 posted...
The only "digital" signature on my book appears on Page 12, right under the Cyanide team member's picture. I think that's Martin's signature since that's the only one.

Heh...

Sorry for just repeating your post...for some reason...I didn't/wasn't able to see it when I made my last post.
---
#10chakramstrikePosted 5/20/2012 1:18:57 PM
i went looking through it and that was the only signature i saw and assumed that is the one that everyone is talking about. either way i like the book and can't wait to play the game. 8-D
---
http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=32139