Couple of possible problems I see with this...

#1IrimaruPosted 4/25/2012 6:36:51 PM
First off, I have to say that I am not very far into the series (first two episodes, but that's two hours mind you) so I apologize if anything I say is stupid.

But from what I've seen so far, the tv series doesn't have very much action in it, or, specifically, fighting. Now, if this was a "blood and gore slaughterfest", the game would have potential, since it's not hard to follow the fights in the show. But in this case, it seems like most combat would be added in, making it repetative and just seem pointless,

The other problem would be just the fact that it's based off of a tv series, these games usually don't turn out well.
---
Currently Playing: 20+ Different games
#2Elemental FusionPosted 4/25/2012 8:04:51 PM(edited)
I think the flow of the books (I haven't started watching the show yet, so I can't really comment in regards to that - I've heard it's pretty true to the books though and I do mean to watch it eventually) actually lends itself quite well to your typical RPG gameplay segments of non-combat exploration - dialogue - combat. In a lot of RPGs you could quite easily wander around some town for an hour or so without getting into a single fight. Likewise, if you're in a rather lengthy "dungeon", you might have near constant battle and go a while without talking to anyone.

So even if the proportions need to be somewhat tweaked to make the game more enjoyable, I think it could be done well while still keeping the same feeling.
---
"My disbelief is like an iron fortress of disbelief... patrolled by Superman. And he doesn't believe you either."
#3Irimaru(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 8:09:58 PM
Elemental Fusion posted...
I think the flow of the books (I haven't started watching the show yet, so I can't really comment in regards to that - I've heard it's pretty true to the books though and I do mean to watch it eventually) actually lends itself quite well to your typical RPG gameplay segments of non-combat exploration - dialogue - combat. In a lot of RPGs you could quite easily wander around some town for an hour or so without getting into a single fight. Likewise, if you're in a rather lengthy "dungeon", you might have near constant battle and go a while without talking to anyone.

So even if the proportions need to be somewhat tweaked to make the game more enjoyable, I think it could be done well while still keeping the same feeling.

Ah, well that does make a bit more sense, then. There hasn't been any combat so far in what I've seen, guess I just need to watch more to actually get what the story is really like.
---
Currently Playing: 20+ Different games
#4OllyKiriyamaPosted 4/28/2012 11:35:31 AM
Some of the larger battles (spoilers) like Stark army vs Lannister army are not shown, but they do still happen.
---
https://twitter.com/#!/OllyKiriyama
But don't mind him, just keep looking awesome. That shadow will take care of him, WHITE!
#5Bane766Posted 4/28/2012 12:26:17 PM
Irimaru posted...
First off, I have to say that I am not very far into the series (first two episodes, but that's two hours mind you) so I apologize if anything I say is stupid.

But from what I've seen so far, the tv series doesn't have very much action in it, or, specifically, fighting. Now, if this was a "blood and gore slaughterfest", the game would have potential, since it's not hard to follow the fights in the show. But in this case, it seems like most combat would be added in, making it repetative and just seem pointless,

The other problem would be just the fact that it's based off of a tv series, these games usually don't turn out well.

I think the game is based around the books and the tv show. The books actually do have alot of battles...it's just not shown much in the first season of the HBO series, it's just implied. You should see more of it in the second season.

Although the TV series is rather good, the books are even better. You should read the books as it will help you appreciate the TV series and game more.

I'm not sure how good the game will be-the developer hasn't done much in the way of bigger games, so it may be really bad. But I'm a huge fan of the books and a big fan of the TV show, so to me it's worth the price even if it's terrible. Plus it comes with a really cool artbook and stuff...and it's published by one of my favorite publisher's Atlus.
---
GT/PSN ID: Bane766
Douleur Peur Mort
#6OllyKiriyamaPosted 4/29/2012 4:22:45 AM
Bane766 posted...
Irimaru posted...

I think the game is based around the books and the tv show. The books actually do have alot of battles...it's just not shown much in the first season of the HBO series, it's just implied. You should see more of it in the second season.

Although the TV series is rather good, the books are even better. You should read the books as it will help you appreciate the TV series and game more.

I'm not sure how good the game will be-the developer hasn't done much in the way of bigger games, so it may be really bad. But I'm a huge fan of the books and a big fan of the TV show, so to me it's worth the price even if it's terrible. Plus it comes with a really cool artbook and stuff...and it's published by one of my favorite publisher's Atlus.

I think Deadly Premonition has proved that games can flop with reviewers but turn out to be a masterpiece with the fanbase (I can only see GoT fans enjoying this after all).
---
https://twitter.com/#!/OllyKiriyama
But don't mind him, just keep looking awesome. That shadow will take care of him, WHITE!