Any future DLC?

#11Rehab520Posted 5/4/2012 10:03:56 AM
lainako12 posted...
Rehab520 posted...
AjaxTheBeast posted...
lainako12 posted...

Tell that to BlazBlue: Continuum Shift. Their extra characters are $7.99 EACH, and we're talking about a $30 game you could easily get for $15. But that's not the worst part. The worst part is that they have no story or arcade mode of their own, and are literally just versus characters. You can use them ONLY in versus, either in local or online. No arcade, no story, no score attack, nothing else. Only recently when the ripoff EXTEND version came out did they get any kind of story mode added. But EXTEND is a ripoff for almost everyone, unless you got absolutely no DLC for Continuum Shift or passed on the handheld-only Continuum Shift II, which was just CS with all the DLC. EXTEND added story modes.

Even Mortal Kombat gave its DLC characters a freaking arcade mode.

Ouch....that's criminal. I don't really know what blazblue is, but I really couldn't see myself paying 8 bucks for an extra character in any game.
---
If you believe in Jesus and are 100% proud of it put this as your sig
#12lainako12Posted 5/4/2012 10:47:28 PM
Rehab520 posted...
lainako12 posted...
Rehab520 posted...
AjaxTheBeast posted...
lainako12 posted...

Tell that to BlazBlue: Continuum Shift. Their extra characters are $7.99 EACH, and we're talking about a $30 game you could easily get for $15. But that's not the worst part. The worst part is that they have no story or arcade mode of their own, and are literally just versus characters. You can use them ONLY in versus, either in local or online. No arcade, no story, no score attack, nothing else. Only recently when the ripoff EXTEND version came out did they get any kind of story mode added. But EXTEND is a ripoff for almost everyone, unless you got absolutely no DLC for Continuum Shift or passed on the handheld-only Continuum Shift II, which was just CS with all the DLC. EXTEND added story modes.

Even Mortal Kombat gave its DLC characters a freaking arcade mode.

Ouch....that's criminal. I don't really know what blazblue is, but I really couldn't see myself paying 8 bucks for an extra character in any game.

Well, as you'd probably expect, of the three DLC characters they made available, the scantily-clad animal-eared fanservice-heavy girl with a squirrel tail and ears was royally top-tier and practically unstoppable. She was fast, insanely easy to combo with, and was instantly one of the best if not the best character on the whole roster.

Recently, though, the newest balance patch nerfed her down to total hell, down two whole tiers from S-tier to B-tier, according to most players who can actually agree on these things enough to make it practically official. All her speed was gone, and most of her combos were made far less powerful. She isn't exactly bad now, but she certainly isn't someone you'd use in a real tournament anymore.

Ragna swapped with her; he was once a B-tier, kind of a throwaway character whose only bonus was his slightly annoying life leech, and is now clearly S-tier, with a monumental buff set that turned his life leech special from "moderately annoying in the right hands" to "once they activate it, you might as well quit" territory, so now he can get his health bar back within seconds if he connects with you. In fact, a lot of people have quit BB online simply because Ragna is so effectively spammable, even by people who have no idea what they're doing.

BB always has a "problem character" who is just too unfair without specific counters that only sometimes work. It was fine when Carl was the initial S-tier who could destroy anyone, since he was so hard to learn and was so incredibly unique, and also had far less HP than any other character and initially seemed useless until people learned he had insane damage-dealing ability, and required a ridiculous amount of practice to use effectively. The only thing that was wrong with him was that he had one infinite combo you couldn't break out of no matter what and was infinitely repeatable, but they patched that quickly. After they nerfed the living hell out of him, though, they turned the easy characters into the best ones. Lame.
---
A hole was found in the nudist camp wall. Police are looking into it.