Does the constant switch from 30fps to 60fps bother anyone else?

#1SnappleflakesPosted 5/3/2012 6:36:38 AM
Hey everyone, I'm kinda bored right now so I thought I'd ask if anyone else has any issues with the constant switch between 30fps and 60fps in-game. I don't really understand why the fights are 60fps, but cutscenes, x-ray moves and fatalities are 30fps, especially when the background disappears during those specific moves. If it weren't for that I'd give this game 5 stars out of 5 in a heartbeat, but always going from silky smooth to jittery makes me feel like the game could've been optimised a lot more.
#2Sketch722002Posted 5/3/2012 7:02:59 AM
I don't notice the change
---
PSN/XBL - Ragdoll72
#3MyronJ906Posted 5/3/2012 10:17:55 AM
The X-rays, fatalities, and such were 30 FPS on the console version anyway.

So, no it doesn't bother me. PS3 version was the same I'm pretty sure.
---
PSN: MyronJ906
Mortal Kombat mains: Mileena/Baraka/Sonya
#4Cappuccin0Posted 5/3/2012 10:20:45 AM
If X-rays and cutscenes are 30 fps, I wonder why they didn't use better models during those moments. Tekken on the PSP did.
#5HydrafiendPosted 5/3/2012 10:35:07 AM

I definitely notice a switch in framerate or something when doing an x-ray move, etc. On the PS3 version, this transition seemed pretty smooth, to me at least. Yes, this does bother me, but I can live with it, still a great game. 

#6blazeUP12Posted 5/3/2012 11:04:14 AM
MyronJ906 posted...
The X-rays, fatalities, and such were 30 FPS on the console version anyway.

So, no it doesn't bother me. PS3 version was the same I'm pretty sure.

Does the console version really slow to 30 fps?

I know that the game slows down intentionally, as in time slows down ala The Matrix, but never noticed the framerate changes?
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#7Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 5/3/2012 11:56:13 AM
Does the console version really slow to 30 fps?

Yes, it does.
---
"If god didn't want us to eat in church, he would have made gluttony a sin." - Homer Simpson
#8Snappleflakes(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 1:45:10 PM
Actually that's not entirely true. In the PS3 version, some x-ray moves do cause more slowdown than others, but they don't intentionally cap the framerate to 30fps for those attacks and there are a few that stay at a steady 60fps. But even so, there's no excuse for the fatalities and intro/win poses to be capped as well when the only difference are a few special effects here and there (there's special effects during in-combat super moves too and that doesn't slow the game down). It just seems weird to have two player models that don't change in a stage that doesn't change, and the game can only run it all at 60fps when you're actually in control of them.
#9Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 5/3/2012 2:08:41 PM
Seems like you're right. Either way, not really surprising considering how poor the overall technical package on the Vita is.
---
"If god didn't want us to eat in church, he would have made gluttony a sin." - Homer Simpson
#10KnightKombatPosted 5/7/2012 9:03:37 AM
While that can be confusing. There is a way to fix this for the start of the match, x-rays and the end of the match. Press "Pause" before the match start's and then unpause .

There goes the problem.