Graphics=Good | Klose-Up Graphics=Ouch

#1Megabest39Posted 5/3/2012 2:15:39 PM
I love the graphics, but when its up close like in the start of the battle (certain Kharacters), it hurts my eyes. When its in regular veiw, it is beautiful. Any one else feel the same way?
---
3DS FC: 3351-4060-7398 XBOX: C Bears24
PSN: XxNerdByChoicexX "I mostly play Vita and PS3"
#2PyrosergePosted 5/3/2012 2:49:00 PM
Agreed. But at least the game still plays smoothly like the console versions. I think they had to sacrifice graphics for how much content they packed into a little cartridge. Story cutscenes still look great though.
---
GT:Vlad The Bunny PSN:VladTheRabbit
#3exchrystalswordPosted 5/3/2012 3:32:16 PM
Pyroserge posted...
Agreed. But at least the game still plays smoothly like the console versions. I think they had to sacrifice graphics for how much content they packed into a little cartridge. Story cutscenes still look great though.

That is a false assumption. With the Vita's specs they could have kept the graphics if they put in some real effort. However, they did a rushed port and the graphics were a lazy design choice that reflects it. I'll wait for it to be on sale for 20 bucks before I buy it since its the appropriate price.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3868-7402-0278
#4YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 5/3/2012 6:04:36 PM
Post above me is correct, people seem to not realize vita version is just using 5-10 percent of the systems power, if they had taken another 5-8 months, it would look like the console version, developers did rush it to be released with the other versions, its not a bad game, its great but it is rushed whether you believe it or not.

Im not a big fan of SSF games but there is a reason Ono delayed SSF VS Tekken for vita, he is optimizing the game for vita to look and play like the console version which is why it did not come out with the other versions.
---
GT: Yami Anubis X I believe that is it
3DS FC:1891-1173-7323 Name YamiAnubiX
#5PyrosergePosted 5/3/2012 6:30:32 PM
Well I didn't read too much in the specs of the vita. But the games are fun and enjoyable. Can't wait for the re release of FFX.
---
GT:Vlad The Bunny PSN:VladTheRabbit
#6shane_2kPosted 5/3/2012 7:13:21 PM
what they should of done is when it zooms up on the character they should of used the ps3 models as the game didnt need to run at 60 fps when its zoomed up. It would of taken i little longer to do and prob be a bigger download!

maybe they can touch up a few characters. Some characters look great zoomed in but i have to laugh when i see scorpion lol
#7OptimoLifePosted 5/3/2012 7:19:50 PM
What they should have done is work on the game a little longer or handed it off to a more experienced team. It's a great game, but no doubt they could have made it look a lot more like the consoles with a little more time.

Sektor's armor doesn't even look metal , it's a blurry red/pink mess. No way the textures had to be THAT bad....when you look at MvsC the textures throughout are impressive, Sentinel looks like a big hunk of metal, everything looks right.

I really believe they rushed this game and just didn't handle it properly, graphics-wise.

The game is still really fun and plays just like the original, but it almost looks like a different game.
#8Cappuccin0Posted 5/3/2012 7:48:34 PM
Some people say it looks a little better when playing around with brightness and contrast settings.
#9OptimoLifePosted 5/3/2012 7:55:15 PM
It does look a little better when you turn up brightness and turn down contrast, but it doesn't help with the low-res textures on some characters
#10endoflevelbossPosted 5/4/2012 2:02:01 AM
Thanks to these topics I'm not disappointed with the graphics. The character models aren't great close up for sure but because I'd read that they were terrible I actually came away thinking it's not as bad as I expected. Seems like a really nice version of the game to me. I'm going to be playing this lots on holiday over the next 2 weeks :-)