PS3 version or PC version?

#1shnickshnickPosted 10/10/2012 7:14:26 PM
i want to get this game, but now i'm stuck with deciding between the PS3 and PC versions.

i'm aware that the two don't have cross online play (which i honestly don't care about, since i mostly play CS with bots). i'm also aware that custom maps and certain mods can be made for the PC version, and that it has 167 achievements over the 19 trophies of the PS3 version...

the main problem i have is that i'm concerned that the game won't run on my computer (which is fairly old) and that there aren't enough changes from CS:S to warrant owning the PC version, whereas owning the PS3 version would give me the chance to play CS away from PC. plus, i'm sure that someone would eventually port this game's maps over to CS:S

is the game really different from CS:S so that it would be a different experience on PC, and are it's PC requirements the same as CS:S? or should i just get the PS3 version just to have a CS on PS3?
#2reevil123Posted 10/12/2012 10:57:14 AM
I do not own the PC version as my pc is ancient, but I am sure they have minimum specs on Valve's website. The PC version in my opinion is better for one thing, patches. PS3/Xbox only got one patch so far, and we are still awaiting the patch that PC already got that has two more maps. The main thing hurting this game is lack of maps. But no matter which version you pick, it is fun. And CS:GO is superior graphically to CS:S, so I am sure it has higher requirements.
#3shnickshnick(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2012 6:57:29 PM
reevil123 posted...
I do not own the PC version as my pc is ancient, but I am sure they have minimum specs on Valve's website. The PC version in my opinion is better for one thing, patches. PS3/Xbox only got one patch so far, and we are still awaiting the patch that PC already got that has two more maps. The main thing hurting this game is lack of maps. But no matter which version you pick, it is fun. And CS:GO is superior graphically to CS:S, so I am sure it has higher requirements.

i ended up getting the PS3 version to be on the safe side (as to not end up wasting $15 on the PC version if it didn't work), and i found out that ALL of the achievements from the PC version are present, it's just that only 18 of them were made into trophies, and i'm ultimately happy with the PS3 version (yeah the PC version gets updated faster, but that wouldn't matter if it didn't work on my PC)
#4Aranki03Posted 10/16/2012 3:26:32 PM
We will get our updates soon, sadly with PC focused games like CS, they're always going to get updates way before us. I think it's mainly due to the Competition factor/popularity on the PC compared to X360 and PS3. Welcome to the PS3 side though, hope to see you in-game.
---
PSN - Aranki85
More topics from this board...
trophy helpmicbelt229/6 8:43PM