Any way to play the trial longer?

#1PennState0411Posted 8/22/2012 1:10:08 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if it was possible to play the trial any longer than the time they give you. I was in a game where people were talking about how you can get an extra 25 minutes by doing something but I couldn't quite hear them. I plan on getting it tomorrow, I just wanted to see if I could get a little more playtime today. Thanks in advance.
---
Xbox Live: ButtcheeksMagoo
PSN: ButtcheeksMagoo
#2iNikeOnePosted 8/22/2012 1:34:02 PM
most likely not man, kinda like how bf1942 was only a time limit and thats it
---
Add me on Xbox: iSnowPro/PSN: iSnowPro/3DS: 3780-9232-8066
#3poopybritchesPosted 8/22/2012 7:02:28 PM
I don't know about adding time to the trial, but if you're looking to start the trial period over, here's what I've got.

I haven't tried any of these, but there are a few things to test out here.

First, try simply leaving the game and going back in. If that doesn't reset the counter (and I'm sure it doesn't, but it's worth trying), next go into your hard drive and see if there's an actual save file you can delete. If there is, delete it and relaunch the game. If that still doesn't reset the counter, or if there is no visible save file, try deleting the game and redownloading it.

Now, if none of those work, what you're left with is one of two things:
1) The information about how long you've been playing the trial is stored in the game's GPD
or
2) It's stored on Valve's servers.

If it's #2, you're screwed. If it's #1, however, we can pull some trickery here. You'll need a USB stick or an HDD transfer cable. Using one of these and a program called xTaf, move your profile to your computer.

From there, you'll want to find a program to edit the .GPD files within your profile. Not even going to get into where to find these or what they're called, because they are used primarily for achievement hacking. Once you have one, either completely delete the Counter Strike: GO GPD from your profile, or replace it with a brand new, unused GPD which you'll have to find on the internet as well. Rehash and resign it, put it back onto your Xbox, and load the game again.

99% sure this process will restart the trial period, but is it worth it to you? Unless you already have the tools, finding and learning how to use them is going to be a significant chunk of time. If you played the trial and liked the game, it's probably easier to just buy it.

Also worth noting is that the GPD is probably where your stats are stored, too. It looks like your trial stats are supposed to carry over to the full game, so keep in mind that doing this is likely going to wipe that stuff out, too.
---
Oh boy! I can't wait to bomb some dodongos!
#4ArtisticChicPosted 8/22/2012 7:08:53 PM
I thought it restated when you left the game. I turned my xbox off while playing it just cuz.and when i started it up, it was at 45 Minutes again. But the accomplishments was wiped clean as if i.never played
---
~Alexus~
#5poopybritchesPosted 8/22/2012 7:18:05 PM
Just checked myself; after restarting the game my trial time was left as-is (11:09), but my stats and accomplishments seem to be lost. I only played against bots, so that might not have even counted, I guess, the whole setup still looks like that stuff is meant to be carried over.

I left the game the "correct" way. I'll play now until my trial is about to end and dashboard out to see if that restores my trial time. Maybe it doesn't save that information until you actually back out to the menu, or choose the quit option.
---
#6poopybritchesPosted 8/22/2012 7:34:08 PM
Trial time seems to be saved at the end of a match (not round, mind you). Played two matches, and dashboarded just as the second ended. Came back in with 5 minutes of trial time left.
---
#7XT3M3Posted 8/22/2012 8:11:03 PM
friend said delete and d/l again. idk
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| WrSx Ownalot
"it takes someone like harriet tubman and refusing to not go to the front of the bus that gets things done." Beretta 009
#8phoneixfencerPosted 8/23/2012 1:37:41 AM
Whip up a free silver account and play it again.
---
In CoD you call in killstreaks to get kills for you. In Battlefield you watch your teammate kill you, steal the chopper and crash into the jet as he takes off!
#9XT3M3Posted 8/23/2012 2:31:04 PM
Ok so deleting the demo doesnt restart the timer. time to fork up some money.....

i hate how you cant do ANYTHING once the trial runs out
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| WrSx Ownalot
"it takes someone like harriet tubman and refusing to not go to the front of the bus that gets things done." Beretta 009