Anybody else not getting this because of the Steam activation?

#1myplague44Posted 9/28/2011 9:13:08 AM(edited)
In case you don't know Football Manager 2012 will require Steam activation (Google it if don't believe me/don't know), & honestly for that sole reason I wont be getting FM:2012. Why? Well, why should I have to activate my game (that I have already payed for!) via Steam? Also, I don't have a Steam account & don't want one, & will not be bullied or forced into making one.

(P.S Why does Game-FAQS still not recognize Google on the spell-check? Come on now)
---
Sega should bring back the super peel out in Sonic games. Do you agree? People that agree: 8.
#2RoyTheRoverPosted 9/28/2011 2:44:50 PM
It's no issue at all to me. I find it hard to believe fans will not buy the product purely because they don't want to sign up to a FREE (and quality) service.
---
Liverpool Football Club
You'll Never Walk Alone
#3myplague44(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2011 3:43:06 PM
RoyTheRover posted...
It's no issue at all to me. I find it hard to believe fans will not buy the product purely because they don't want to sign up to a FREE (and quality) service.

But you shouldn't have to sign up to any service in the first place to activate something you have already paid for. If I purchase a product I expect to be able to use it as soon as I have it in my hands, not having to wait untill I have permission to use it. If they could they would probably tell me when I can & can't play the game too.
---
Sega should bring back the super peel out in Sonic games. Do you agree? People that agree: 8.
#4asdam_teabagPosted 9/28/2011 7:25:23 PM
It's more secure and free, why not? It's a great service, there's NO reason not to use it.
---
Anne Frank - "We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same."
#5NellytheHoofPosted 9/29/2011 5:18:08 AM
I find it a bit weird, but it won't stop me buying it. I actually created a Steam account to use on FM9 or 10. But then i decided against it, and just ran the game using the disk. i'm hoping it has remembered my password, because i certainly can't...
---
YNWA
#6KrazytigerEXPosted 10/1/2011 9:54:38 AM
Trust me the way steam is going in terms of reliability and ease of use its pretty much going to be the future of gaming in a bout a decade or so.

I was very skeptical myself but i bit the bullet. Now i use steam to contribute more of my money to the actual game makers rather than game retailers.
---
Math illiteracy affects 8 out of every 5 people, If you are not one of them, put this in your sig!!!
#7Chico375Posted 10/2/2011 2:03:25 PM

its just like a code on the back of them sims games......its a way to stop you from copying a game and giving it away(i've done it for yrs so my brother stops taking my cd from my game)

also id say stream can somehow keep track on things like time played,teams picked etc etc to improve the next FM games

ps.its paid not payed

#8magpie1862Posted 10/3/2011 6:05:58 PM
ps. it's 'it's' not its

I used to be resentful towards Steam and then they completely converted me when they made Portal available for free. Since then I have spent so much money on steam and I love it.
---
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain
#9KrazytigerEXPosted 10/4/2011 2:25:28 AM
^ yeah.

Its all about biting the bullet and trying steam out.
---
Math illiteracy affects 8 out of every 5 people, If you are not one of them, put this in your sig!!!
#10punnytno1Posted 10/6/2011 4:17:32 PM
My brother bought Shogun a while back and had to use Steam to play it. It forced him to download something which took FOREVER. He bought the game on a Friday and couldn't even play it at all throughout the weekend which he was NOT happy about.

This and many other stories about Steam have meant i will NOT be getting ANY game if it requires Steam activation.

And i sincerely hope that this will not be the norm in gaming in a decade or so as i will never buy another PC game if that is the case.

P.S. Gamers Gate does it SOOOOOOOOO much better than Steam anyway.
---
Diamond on a Landmine