Worst physical game purchase ever.

#1JetkuPosted 2/14/2012 6:38:30 PM
The game arrived from amazon today, but I don't get my vita until next week. I figured I would read the instructions so I opened the game and...nothing.

This package has absolutely nothing but the game and case. No instruction manual, no EULA slip, no ad, nothing!

I officially regret not buying the digital version.
---
Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
#2SlipkordisemPosted 2/14/2012 6:40:06 PM
all vita games seem this way. the manual is instead accessible in the Live Area section of the game. Each game has a live area.
---
--- Nicholas [FFXI][LS:WildestDream][75x11][Cerberus]{Retired}--- PSN:Slipkordisem
#3Jetku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2012 7:50:18 PM(edited)
Interesting. I didn't know that.

Lumines will definitely be a digital purchase now.
---
Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
#4sammyetPosted 2/14/2012 9:31:22 PM
Same with Uncharted: Golden Abyss, buddy. :/ Hope it isn't for all Vita games but it seems that way. Still, I like my tangible media, so I'm willing to pay a few more $ for a case.
---
twittter, psn, gt = saminseattle
Now playing: inFAMOUS 2, Twisted Metal (PS3), awaiting PSVita/ Uncharted: Golden Abyss
#5darkPSPfanPosted 2/18/2012 2:41:46 AM

I buy physical because i like to have a collection, not because of booklets

#6AntiProposalPosted 2/19/2012 9:51:50 PM
I buy physical because i have a phobia of what would happen if sony shut down there servers in a few years or i lost my psn info etc etc. silly i know, but i can always pop in my physical copy and not have to worry about re downloading or anything like that.
#7gillainPosted 2/20/2012 7:42:57 PM
I actually kind of like having the manuals on the game card. They're super-fast to page through and I don't have to worry about losing them.

In a perfect world, they'd add a search feature but I guess these days most game manuals are short enough not to need one. Well, unless you're looking for something hidden in the 10 pages of EULA. :)
#8Phange 2Posted 2/20/2012 7:57:16 PM
The digital versions are not worth it, because they're huge (Uncharted, for example, is almost 5 GB). Being slightly cheaper is totally offset by the cost of storage itself on the Vita
---
Xbox Live: Phange 2
Playstation Network: Phange
#9LleroLorrainePosted 2/21/2012 5:52:57 PM
Uncharted has a filesize of 2.7 GB.

(http://www.psnation.org/2012/02/15/psn-update-150212/)
---
~'Llero'~
Closer to the sun and far from the moon, people screaming out they gonna see me real soon.
#10guimond777Posted 2/22/2012 5:44:06 AM
I like to have the physical game in my hands...I guess I'm just old school like that. Theres just something about buying a 40 dollar game and not getting anything to show for it that doesn't seem right to me. I do the same with CD's.....I'd rather pay 12 bucks for a physical CD then pay 12 bucks for a "digital download".