would they ever make another Altair game or would you want one?

#1ToastyAnakinPosted 9/27/2012 6:20:22 PM
I really wish Altair got at least one more full game.

His adventure in AC1 remains my favorite so far.

I like Ezio but I just prefer altair.

Whoever wrote the dialogue in Assassins Creed I needs to be commended. I was mentally cheering for Altair when his awesome lines came up, he certainly had one of the sharpest tongues i have seen in a VG character.

I also like his journey the most, how he starts as an arrogant ass but lets go of his foolish ways.

I enjoyed bloodlines for what it was, it was on the psp so there wasn't much that could have been done.

Assassin's creed 1 had me addicted because of the story not the gameplay, it was the opposite for the Ezio games.

I really had a hard time stomaching the stupid idea that AC2 takes place over 20 years or something. That was ridiculous and poorly conceived. At least they could have aged the characters instead of settling on giving Ezio just a beard and mustache.

Additionally, I actually knew who I was killing in AC1, and why they had to die. Their dying monologues were fascinating.

In AC2 and brotherhood, I just killed them and was like "meh".

anyways, I think the vita or 3ds would be a great opportunity to give more altair, if they decide to pursue such a route.
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#2JackalfoxPosted 9/27/2012 7:30:45 PM
I don't think there's really much left to show of Altair. We know practically everything about his life now, so another game starring him as the protagonist would be a bit redundant.
---
Now Playing - Black Mesa (PC), Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (360), Assassin's Creed: Revelations (360)
#3LunarRoarPosted 9/29/2012 1:39:31 PM
ToastyAnakin posted...

I really had a hard time stomaching the stupid idea that AC2 takes place over 20 years or something. That was ridiculous and poorly conceived. At least they could have aged the characters instead of settling on giving Ezio just a beard and mustache.

You're not gonna like AC3 if that is the case. The game is supposed to cover Connor's life over a course of decades.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
Official Grand Master Assassin of New York (Assassin's Creed 3 board)
#42ndAtomiskPosted 9/29/2012 9:51:18 PM
I'd like to play another game starring Altair. If only because AC1 seemed to enforce stealth more than the other games.
---
Virtua Fighter 5 FS out on PSN/XBL!!
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R confirmed for PSN/XBL
#5bigblue80Posted 9/30/2012 12:05:55 AM
I like young Ezio better and I thought the AC2 story was better... I'll never forget the words "Requiescat en pace". (doesnt he first say it to Francesco Pazzi or Uberto when Uncle Mario teaches him to have respect for the dead and to not be motivated by revenge and stoop to he level) Anyway I can say I know Italian because of his games but the ending of AC1 made more sense and was more stunning then the Ezio games which as they got further along left me confused, cold and unsatisfied. I would like to see more of Altair like maybe when he was younger before the blunder at the beginning of AC1 or the years between *SPOILER* Abbas exiles him and he travels, comes back hides away the apple. I was just a little odd when I think of the first game and what he became in Revelations, where Ezio had a more clear progression and path he took.
---
PSN: BlueShadow17
Now the proud owner of a PS Vita with Gravity Rush, MGS HD, Dynasty Warriors Next and Mortal Kombat!!!
#6JollyBudaPosted 9/30/2012 2:54:27 PM
There was a whole couple of years where Altair went to Mongolia/China that I thought they would cover in Revelations that they didn't. Hmmmm
---
PSN: MrMonochrome
UMvC3: Hulk / Vergil / Spencer, SSFIV:AE: Dudley
#7ToastyAnakin(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2012 6:01:49 PM
LunarRoar posted...
ToastyAnakin posted...

You're not gonna like AC3 if that is the case. The game is supposed to cover Connor's life over a course of decades.

Nothing can be done as poorly as Ezio's transition over the years.

I enjoyed AC2, but when characters look the same and 20 years have passed I have to call bull****.
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#8LunarRoarPosted 9/30/2012 6:50:09 PM
So your only disappointment was the fact that the developers were too lazy to make multiple character models for each and every character?
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
Official Grand Master Assassin of New York (Assassin's Creed 3 board)
#9AssassinHawkinsPosted 10/8/2012 10:59:41 AM
If it played like AC1, I'd love it.
There's something about the first game the others don't have.
It felt more stoic and dark. It was more stealthy instead of swords blazing.
I liked stalking my target and doing missions to learn when and where'd they'd be with how many guards.
I felt like more of a predator as Altair. In the Ezio games, I didn't really know why I was killing these people or when I would.
In the first game, you'd spend five missions just learning about your target alone. Studying their movements until you went in for the kill.
The more recent games seem more frantic unplanned.
Don't get me wrong, I loved the Ezio trilogy. There's just something about that first game that is missing in the others.
#10teddifiedPosted 10/11/2012 9:44:05 PM
JollyBuda posted...
There was a whole couple of years where Altair went to Mongolia/China that I thought they would cover in Revelations that they didn't. Hmmmm

You would play as one of the Kids then since Altair had his boys by then and I believe one of the boys is the one who caused Gengis to die by shooting him with a Crossbow after he fell from his horse.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Darim_Ibn-La%27Ahad

But it seems that he's not the one who is desmond's ancestor it's Altair's other kid who had children then died early.
---
The Terror of Death.....
PSN - Teddified