Glyph's on mini map

#1Blacksheep626Posted 10/27/2011 8:15:49 AM
Just a heads up for anyone that hasnt noticed this yet. But after i got the 5th of Mary's teachings i noticed i would get blue dots on my mini map just like how the blast shard dots would look in the older infamous games. These blue dots are the glyphs that will lead you to the next teachings. Once i found that out getting the last few teachings was cake. Also there are yellow dots on the map as well and those are the blood lamps or whatever they are.
#2C_BASSSPosted 10/27/2011 8:35:21 AM
Did you have to find a certain number of lamps before they started to appear on your mini map? I found about a dozen lamps & 3 teachings so far, but no dots on my map when I pulse.
---
PSN: C-BASS72
#3TiaelPosted 10/27/2011 8:48:39 AM
You need to find 5 teachings for the pulse radar.
I just wandered the city with vampiric sense on until I found my first 5, then the last 5 were a breeze with the pulse, not to mention the remaining canopic jars.
---
Reactions to Dragon Quest X Online
"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"
#4MrBeensPosted 10/27/2011 8:49:14 AM
The dots don't show up when you pulse. You have to use the vampire vision. Once you get 5 of the glyph teachings, you get the enhanced vampire vision, which shows all the dots when you use the vampire vision.

In order to find the first 5 glyphs, look for a blue glowing around your head to indicate when you are near one.
#5Blacksheep626(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2011 10:41:41 AM
Actually the jars appear when you pulse as well. You should double check things before you post false information. Jars appear when you pulse and when you swarm.
#6teddifiedPosted 10/27/2011 10:44:41 AM
Once I got the 5 teachings I just flew from jar to jar with the Bat Swarm, since each jar refills the blood meter.

Then if I saw a blue dot while searching I went for the teaching. It's fairly easy and quick once you get the first 5 and the upgraded vision.
---
The Terror of Death.....
PSN - Teddified
#7FoofyheadPosted 10/27/2011 9:58:37 PM
The exact location of the last jar does not show up when you pulse (assuming the last jar you get is the one I got).
---
Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead.
Official Jackass Extraordinaire of GameFAQs
#8aureliano17Posted 10/27/2011 11:37:39 PM
It CAN show up if you get the jar from the catacombs before finishing all the others.
#9FoofyheadPosted 10/27/2011 11:43:47 PM
Makes sense I guess. It was my last jar, and it showed a big yellow dot on the catacombs (whereas every other dot was quite small). I obviously knew it was in the catacombs, but it doesn't show up on the map. It was right at one of the entrances, and I missed it several times.
---
Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead.
Official Jackass Extraordinaire of GameFAQs