Are there a lot of attacks? Variety in gameplay?

#1SnappleflakesPosted 12/11/2012 10:39:15 PM
Hey everyone, basically the topic. Just wondering how much there actually is to the gameplay of this game, as I've heard that the main character only has a very small amount of attacks.
#2MR_E_1Posted 12/12/2012 12:53:49 AM
It's more of an old-school platformer than a modern fighting game with 50 combos or something. Think Castlevania. You basically have your sword, a few special moves with your sword, a long range special attack, and one magic spell. The levels have different vibes, and there are some moments of creative platforming, though...and there's one bit that mixes up the gameplay a bit (in the same way that the minigames in Lollipop Chainsaw and Shadows of the Damned did). Overall, it's a pretty short but enjoyable platformer.
#3Snappleflakes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 1:08:42 AM
Thanks a lot for the reply. I'll give it a little more thought, but I'm leaning towards buying it.
#4captainjeff87Posted 12/12/2012 7:51:18 AM
Try the demo first but honestly I say it's a must-buy and at $10 it's a steal.

Really like the retro side-scrolling vibe it has. Brings you back to the days of NES/Sega.
---
PSN: CaptainJeff87 (please say Gfaqs in friend request msg)
#5MestreRothGFPosted 12/12/2012 8:47:08 PM
MR_E_1 posted...
It's more of an old-school platformer than a modern fighting game with 50 combos or something. Think Castlevania. You basically have your sword, a few special moves with your sword, a long range special attack, and one magic spell. The levels have different vibes, and there are some moments of creative platforming, though...and there's one bit that mixes up the gameplay a bit (in the same way that the minigames in Lollipop Chainsaw and Shadows of the Damned did). Overall, it's a pretty short but enjoyable platformer.

SotD minigames?
#6MR_E_1Posted 12/12/2012 10:07:30 PM
MestreRothGF posted...
SotD minigames?

Yep...namely the sidescrolling flying shooter stages.