How long is this? My friend wants this or Deadlight, but wants it to last long.

#1xxHerchxxPosted 12/19/2012 9:19:25 PM
He wants the game that will last him longer. More bang for his buck. I'd choose BKS, but I don't know how long that is.
---
CUHHHHRAZY!!!
#2VIETNAM-Posted 12/19/2012 9:57:20 PM
30 minute per run for this game, an hour total for completing both loops. And lots of extra replay in challenge mode and arcade mode.
#3Monistic_TurtlePosted 12/19/2012 10:34:02 PM
30 minute completions!? Maybe if you're playing on easy mode and it's your third or fourth time through the game. You'd have to be skipping all the extras and just bulldozing your way through. My first playthrough clocked in at around 3 to 4 hours but I was also looking for extras and also busy dying on some of the harder bosses. Playing on hard mode will take much longer than 30 minutes.

Honestly, for a first playthrough on normal mode and then a follow-up playthrough for the real ending, you're looking at about 3 hours for each playthrough. If you go back through on maybe easy mode when you know exactly what you're doing... maybe an hour. I have no idea how you'd get through in 30 minutes though O_o
---
Would you strongly disagree, slightly disagree, or only disagree with this sentence?
#4VIETNAM-Posted 12/20/2012 12:56:33 AM
There are really no exploration or hidden paths at all in this game, its a basic non-metroidvania Point A to point B type of arcade platformer like old ghouls and ghost and older castlevanias to me.
#5deccibelPosted 12/20/2012 7:06:18 AM
i purchased this game and i feel like i wasted 10 bucks. it has cheap, cheap deaths. There are incredibly frustrating moments where you dont time the jump just right and you die, and get sent all the way back to the start. they arent lying about the old school mechanics of this game. i dont want to go back to 1987! its a shame though because i really wanted to like this game. i have been following it with interest ever since the first anouncement of the game. the artistic design is teriffic, the story is cool, i even like the somewhat simplistic combat, but the other points just totally ruined it for me. oh well, i knew i should have got Outland instead.
#6teehee23Posted 12/20/2012 7:31:30 AM
Deadlight is much longer but the middle of that game is frustratingly trial and error deaths again and again. I stopped playing it for a while because of that and wish it would have kept the game game flow as the earlier levels of the game. The 3rd act is better and goes back to the earlier style.

Deadlight will last much longer but I luv the presentation of Black Knight Sword.
I bought both and no regrets.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#7VIETNAM-Posted 12/20/2012 3:51:16 PM
I'd recommend black knight over outland personally despite its short length. 2D games must have japanese influence otherwise they are usually crap. Outland is alot easier & shorter as a whole. 100% can be done in few hours. While black knight will take ages.
#8teehee23Posted 12/20/2012 4:16:05 PM
VIETNAM- posted...
I'd recommend black knight over outland personally despite its short length. 2D games must have japanese influence otherwise they are usually crap....

That's ridiculous and stupid.
The Donkey Kong Country series is 2D and not Japanese influenced an the best ever. There's many great 2D non-Japanese games.

You're welcome.
---
#9VIETNAM-Posted 12/20/2012 7:58:07 PM
teehee23 posted...
VIETNAM- posted...
I'd recommend black knight over outland personally despite its short length. 2D games must have japanese influence otherwise they are usually crap....

The Donkey Kong Country series is 2D and not Japanese influenced an the best ever. There's many great 2D non-Japanese games.

You're welcome.

Unfortunately for you. Shigeru Miyamoto was involved in donkey kong country, thank you come again :)
#10teehee23Posted 12/20/2012 9:06:36 PM
VIETNAM- posted...
teehee23 posted...
VIETNAM- posted...

You're welcome.

Unfortunately for you. Shigeru Miyamoto was involved in donkey kong country, thank you come again :)

No he did not and he made this quote:

“Donkey Kong Country proves that players will put up with mediocre gameplay as long as the art is good.” - Shigeru Miyamoto

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/588282-donkey-kong-country/53377448

He later apologized.

Don't be jealous!
Rare (British guys and gals no Japsanese) made all DKC games without Japanese help and they saved Nintendo SNES and N64.
And that nice.
---