need tips for the bullet hell section in stage 5, HARD difficulty *spoiler*

#1IostarsPosted 12/24/2012 12:08:02 PM
I just spent nearly an hour trying to kill the potato head boss (stage 3 repeat boss) on Hard, but it was excruciatingly difficult. The bullet hell from the mini-heads is giving me the biggest trouble. I got pinned down so many times particularly by the waves that flies out in random directions in the boss' third form. Tips?
---
Authority must be obeyed, or it must be overthrown! --- Red Queen
Alice: Madness Returns
#2HumanlessGamerPosted 12/25/2012 10:30:34 AM
1- only the head of the chicken can get hits

2- leave the fruits in the tree for the last

3- concentrate on judging the bullets not in hitting the boss

4- before you get to him don't leave any power up from the red monsters

basically it's like a hard Japanese arcade shooter game if you play any.
---
The life is worth nothing without Games
#3G1243Posted 12/26/2012 4:09:40 AM
Upgrading my health was the one solution that seemed to changed the tides of that battle for me. I can't imagine trying to beat it without any health upgrades. Even then, it's still difficult.
---
Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesnt care to, or he doesnt exist. God is either impotent, evil, or imaginary.
#4Iostars(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 7:10:40 AM
HumanlessGamer posted...
1- only the head of the chicken can get hits

2- leave the fruits in the tree for the last

3- concentrate on judging the bullets not in hitting the boss

4- before you get to him don't leave any power up from the red monsters

basically it's like a hard Japanese arcade shooter game if you play any.

Umm... I said stage 5, remember? There are no trees in stage 5 flying chicken shoot 'em up section... are there?

So it's been the second day I'm stuck in this part. I've been trying to study the patterns for the mini-heads' bullet hell, but it doesn't help much... or at all, for that matter. The mini-heads always come out in 2 different formations in each boss form. The first ones fly out at you or in random directions, and in the 2nd one they always stay at one point and shoot out bullets in circular formations/trajectory. It's the former that's giving me the biggest trouble. The bullets pretty much blanketed the screen and I cannot move to a safe spot quickly enough to evade it, let alone to hit the boss from.

G1243 posted...
Upgrading my health was the one solution that seemed to changed the tides of that battle for me. I can't imagine trying to beat it without any health upgrades. Even then, it's still difficult.

That's a given. In Normal+ (NG+) I was able to barely get through it thanks to the extra orange health bar upgrade. And I managed to get through this in stage 3 Hard (again, barely) thanks to the fruits in the trees. But I don't have those advantages now, and I already maxed out the blue health bar. Oh how I wish they put in a bomb or magic attack or something for this section...
---
#5Monistic_TurtlePosted 12/26/2012 6:52:24 PM
I'm actually stuck in the same spot on Hard mode. The rest of the game's been surprisingly easy for me on Hard mode but I got to this section and I'll usually give it about 3 attempts every day... I've been trying for like the last 5 days. ;__;

So I don't have any tips or suggestions for you, but you're not alone, I hate this part. If I ever do manage to pass it though, I'll probably get stuck on the last form of the final boss anyways. *sigh* I don't even want to imagine what arcade mode is like >.<
---
Would you strongly disagree, slightly disagree, or only disagree with this sentence?
#6Iostars(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 7:58:01 PM
Monistic_Turtle posted...
I'm actually stuck in the same spot on Hard mode. The rest of the game's been surprisingly easy for me on Hard mode but I got to this section and I'll usually give it about 3 attempts every day... I've been trying for like the last 5 days. ;__;

So I don't have any tips or suggestions for you, but you're not alone, I hate this part. If I ever do manage to pass it though, I'll probably get stuck on the last form of the final boss anyways. *sigh* I don't even want to imagine what arcade mode is like >.<

I hear you, brother. The previous stages in Hard were actually not that difficult as long as you don't rush, take the time to scan your surroundings, and plan your moves accordingly. Plus, it's actually very possible to cheese most enemies by shooting Hellebore repeatedly from a distance. But this part... urgh.
---
#7VIETNAM-Posted 12/26/2012 8:27:37 PM
Hug left wall on her third form.

1. Her clockwise and counter clockwise head spin just walk forward a little and dodge first rotation and walk back and forth like an inch each, itll take a few tries but it'll become second nature.

2. Her 3 shotgun blast, jump first one and double jump on your descent over the second shotgun headblast and the 3rd one will whiff you completely

3.Her huge pore spread, if you hug the left side continue walking or rolling right until your past the huge chunk and your best do dodge the left overs that come to you.

4. Her diamond shape rapid walls. when you see the 4-5 heads lines up above, when she first her tracer, move between them to avoid it completely, this i one of her easiest moves to avoid and punish.

5. Her 1 head she shoots out that shoots tons of homing heads. stay on left wall. get ready to backroll towards her once you see the it coming.

Sorry if my explanation for her moves sound confusing lol. Just trying my best to explain each of her patterns. after each barrier break and punish, run left so her stomp wont hurt you.

Mastering the evil princess patterns and White Knight patterns are a must for arcade mode if you want to clear it.
#8Iostars(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 7:18:04 PM
VIETNAM- posted...
Hug left wall on her third form.

1. Her clockwise and counter clockwise head spin just walk forward a little and dodge first rotation and walk back and forth like an inch each, itll take a few tries but it'll become second nature.

2. Her 3 shotgun blast, jump first one and double jump on your descent over the second shotgun headblast and the 3rd one will whiff you completely

3.Her huge pore spread, if you hug the left side continue walking or rolling right until your past the huge chunk and your best do dodge the left overs that come to you.

4. Her diamond shape rapid walls. when you see the 4-5 heads lines up above, when she first her tracer, move between them to avoid it completely, this i one of her easiest moves to avoid and punish.

5. Her 1 head she shoots out that shoots tons of homing heads. stay on left wall. get ready to backroll towards her once you see the it coming.

Sorry if my explanation for her moves sound confusing lol. Just trying my best to explain each of her patterns. after each barrier break and punish, run left so her stomp wont hurt you.

Mastering the evil princess patterns and White Knight patterns are a must for arcade mode if you want to clear it.

this would be lovely if I actually could get to the final boss. But alas... (yeah, I'm still stuck)
---
#9VIETNAM-Posted 12/28/2012 3:04:51 PM
Ahh i see, mashing shot button on chicken should help you get rid of the russian egg Matryoshka doll alot faster if your still having trouble.
#10Iostars(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 6:25:26 PM
VIETNAM- posted...
Ahh i see, mashing shot button on chicken should help you get rid of the russian egg Matryoshka doll alot faster if your still having trouble.

no need to mash, actually. Holding the fire button sufficed. Why did they have to make the mini potato heads invulnerable? I mean, seriously.
---