Got my first end Meoshi's end yesterday!

#11MewIchigoZakuro(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 7:31:38 PM
Erendhyl posted...
I totally know what you all mean. His ending was not the first I got... but after I got it... wow (I wish I had done it last). I'm so sure that he definitly is my favorite guy, love him so much <3 His character is really sweet, shy ... but so brave in some moments and like how he improves and tries his best. I also love his nerdiness and that he doesn't lose it (because.. maybe I'm a bit myself.. also... xD). Meoshi <3

I agree 100% I really wish I done Meioshi's route last instead of first:( I didn't know his route and Meioshi himself were that good and nice.

I agree with every thing else u wrote. I wish we had more characters like Meioshi and are really relatable too. I have never seen such a character like Meioshi in a VN game before.
#12Aussie2BPosted 9/5/2013 4:51:30 PM
I just finished Meoshi's route. If this was a gal game and all the genders were reversed, I'm sure Meoshi would be my favorite since he's the most like me. Since I'm a straight women, when I play a gal game, I'm looking for characters to relate with. With an otome game, though, I can project myself onto the protagonist some (even if I'm not remotely close to being a feisty 18-year-old Japanese girl, haha), so my favorite is whoever is most like what I like in a man and I'm not really into guys that are just like me (two introverts make for a kind of challenging relationship, I think).

So I was a little apprehensive doing Meoshi's route. I was worried he was going to be this wimpy, frail guy all throughout who would only come out of his shell by being pushed by Saki, seeing as she's a lot more aggressive and confident. But I was pleased that it didn't turn out that way. All on his own, Meoshi took charge and discovered courage and confidence in himself, and even acted manly in his own way, even if he didn't have the physical strength of a guy like Mitarashi. What he lacked in strength, he made up for with his wits and determination. In the end, I found him to be quite an endearing character.

...but I am bummed that they never revealed that hidden eye, haha. I think a good view of his full face would've been nice for the kiss or ending.

Oh, and another thing unrelated Meoshi himself but still cool about his path was the cute squabbling between Wakasa and Shirabe. The whole youngest guy vs. oldest guy thing. I haven't really seen that dynamic expressed much elsewhere in the game, not even on Shirabe's path. I just loved the part where Shirabe put Wakasa in his place about "almost wetting himself" over the astronaut, after Wakasa had earlier poked fun at Shirabe about his age on the ship. And then Wakasa's whining in the ending about being put in the same hospital room as Shirabe. I haven't done Wakasa's path yet, and while I don't find him particularly appealing, hopefully I can look forward to more fun interactions with Shirabe on his path.
---
"I am sexy minority. OH! NO! I wanna be a sexy terminator. Sexy will never die. AH~~~~~!"
#13Tio AutomataPosted 9/7/2013 4:15:59 PM
I really liked his path. He is really cute even though he is obviously the least attractive looks-wise. They MADE him attractive in spite of it. And the twist on the game was pretty interesting. Definitely one of the best paths in the game, could be argued as the best though it's obviously subjective.
---
"I just can't find any good Tony Danza pics to get off to yet!" -Rvddude
#14Aussie2BPosted 9/7/2013 7:48:22 PM
Yeah, the more paths I complete, the more I appreciate Meoshi's. His really is a step above just about all of the rest. He's in a solid second place for me, only behind Shirabe.

On paper, Meoshi's path sounds kind of lame like "Oh boy, Stage 3 stretched out across the entire rest of the game..." When Meoshi said how it was kinda lazy how the sequel reused the hospital area from the first game, I wonder if the developers of Sweet Fuse were poking fun at themselves (I wondered the same thing when Meoshi said that it was kind of a pain to beat a game twice to get the true ending, seeing as you have to beat Sweet Fuse at least twice to get the full story). Yet it all works so well. Meoshi pulling himself and Saki out of Stage 4 threw such a massive monkey wrench into the normal course of events, and once the special scenario starts, the tension only builds and builds. And I even loved it despite the zombie theme. Zombies are such a big fad these days that I'm totally sick of everything zombie-related, but Meoshi's path was so good that it didn't bother me at all.

The ending was maybe a little anticlimactic, but what do you expect when it's over on a technicality. Still brilliant either way that he beat Hogstein with mind games. And I was maybe a slight bit bummed out that the ending was only a week later. I want to learn more about what happens later. :P I'm glad another ending points out that he gets a part-time job and wants to look for work in the game industry. We can assume that his relationship with Saki will pull him out of the hikikomori lifestyle, but I'm glad that other ending confirms it (whether he ends up with Saki or not).

And there's the downside of not learning much of anything about the main plot on Meoshi's path, which is one reason I prefer Shirabe's, but Meoshi's path has such great flow and character development that I think that information would only get in the way. If anything, Meoshi's path was only heightened by the disappearance (or isolation, in the case of Mitarashi and Mai) of everyone else.
---
"I am sexy minority. OH! NO! I wanna be a sexy terminator. Sexy will never die. AH~~~~~!"
#15dolphinmagePosted 9/7/2013 9:06:28 PM
I really like Meoshi as a character, but I'm not as big a fan of him on his path. In the other paths, he gradually grew to have confidence in himself and feel like a useful member of the group. Also, by making friends with lots of different interests, I felt it pushed him out of his gaming comfort zone into an attempt at leading a more well-adjusted life. I liked his interactions with the other characters, and I wasn't as thrilled with his solo time with Saki.

Meoshi is a very skilled and intelligent guy, but b/c of his shyness, he couldn't take the lead while in the group. However, when he was alone with Saki, he did pretty much everything without her help. And whenever he couldn't do something, he beat himself up for it. He didn't show such a lack of self-confidence when all the group was together, so I feel that drawing close to a girl above all others as his first real attempt to make friends outside of games made him even more insecure (at least temporarily). And I didn't like that Saki had to basically let him take the lead to help him feel useful.

Also, since the ending had him paired with a girlfriend willing to get into games, I feel like he would be less likely to break out of his obsessive gaming habits. I love that he's a gamer, but it was nice to see him attempting something outside his comfort zone in the endings of other paths.
#16Aussie2BPosted 9/7/2013 11:15:53 PM
I can't imagine Saki letting him return to his old lifestyle, even if she enjoys playing games with him. Saki doesn't seem like the sort to always want to do the exact same thing while with Meoshi, and I don't think Meoshi, at that point, has any need to return to that lifestyle anyway because he dealt with his guilt and feelings of uselessness. Even though he really loves video games no matter what and would never give them up completely, he doesn't have to use them to fill a void anymore.

I think he still had the same lack of confidence while with the group and probably did beat himself up constantly internally, but there was no way he was going to verbalize that to all of them. I mean, it took awhile for him to even come clean on his connection to the bus crash. I think the only difference between his route and the others is that Saki got him to spill his guts. But, yeah, either way, Meoshi grows over the course of the game. When in the group, I think it's just a matter of him slowly getting more comfortable with them and trusting them so that he's willing to step up when he feels like his game knowledge/experience can prove helpful. I don't know if he feels confident at all outside of that game comfort zone, though. Only with Saki do we really see him gaining confidence in general, even to attempt things that he's not at all good at. Oh, and I like how he gets comfortable enough with the group to get snarky with Mitarashi, haha. Maybe that's just because Mitarashi shows an interest in games, though.

I thought Meoshi and Saki make a pretty balanced team myself. She definitely needed him at times. I don't know if I'd say there was much in the way of her stepping aside just for the sake of letting him feel useful. There's no way Saki could've gotten through all that on her own, not even close. But Meoshi also needed her, as much as he wanted to be the knight in shining armor. Of all the paths I've completed, only Shirabe and Meoshi felt like equal partnerships with Saki. Shidou and Mitarashi just felt like endless "mamoru" (that is, just an endless cycle of them pushing her aside so that they could protect her). That's probably why I like Shirabe and Meoshi's paths best so far because their scenarios actually felt really dire, as opposed to Saki being with some sort of superhero who can survive anything and will always save the day.
---
#17dolphinmagePosted 9/8/2013 10:20:20 AM
Aussie2B posted...
I can't imagine Saki letting him return to his old lifestyle, even if she enjoys playing games with him.

I might have thought that too if it wasn't for a certain dialogue choice in the game. Meoshi asks Saki if she'll play a certain game with him and if you say that you'd like to do other things, he gives you the cold shoulder. And if you agree, he says that he'd like her to like the same things as him. He doesn't ask her what she's interested in, so that he can like that too.

I think he still had the same lack of confidence while with the group and probably did beat himself up constantly internally, but there was no way he was going to verbalize that to all of them.

In Shidou's path, I thought he showed some strong progress towards having confidence in himself. I think he really felt like part of something, and his bond with everyone was strong enough that I felt it was comparable to his bond with Saki. The difference is that since he made lots of close friends, I felt that it would be easier for him to open up in general. If he only grew close to Saki, it's difficult to say whether he would regress if their relationship didn't work out, especially since he had years of issues to work through. Maybe I'm just too cynical though. It would've been nice to have seen a lot of time pass for the ending so I could see if my concerns about his emotional progress are unfounded.

I thought Meoshi and Saki make a pretty balanced team myself. She definitely needed him at times. I don't know if I'd say there was much in the way of her stepping aside just for the sake of letting him feel useful. There's no way Saki could've gotten through all that on her own, not even close. But Meoshi also needed her, as much as he wanted to be the knight in shining armor. Of all the paths I've completed, only Shirabe and Meoshi felt like equal partnerships with Saki. Shidou and Mitarashi just felt like endless "mamoru" (that is, just an endless cycle of them pushing her aside so that they could protect her). That's probably why I like Shirabe and Meoshi's paths best so far because their scenarios actually felt really dire, as opposed to Saki being with some sort of superhero who can survive anything and will always save the day.

I think we interpreted Shidou and Meoshi's paths very differently. I can't speak for Shirabe though, b/c his is the only path I haven't finished.
#18Aussie2BPosted 9/8/2013 3:27:24 PM
dolphinmage posted...
Aussie2B posted...
I can't imagine Saki letting him return to his old lifestyle, even if she enjoys playing games with him.

I might have thought that too if it wasn't for a certain dialogue choice in the game. Meoshi asks Saki if she'll play a certain game with him and if you say that you'd like to do other things, he gives you the cold shoulder. And if you agree, he says that he'd like her to like the same things as him. He doesn't ask her what she's interested in, so that he can like that too.

Ah, that one. I thought that was pretty cute. I think it's all just a coded message on Meoshi's part because he's too shy and nervous to say what he really thinks. Asking her to play a game with him is less about literally playing a game and more his coy way of asking her out on a date. Saki is too straightforward to really pick up on these subtleties, so I think her comment about wanting to do other things is innocent and harmless, but Meoshi takes it as rejection across the board. If she agrees, he gets happy because he takes it as her reciprocating his feelings, and his comment about wanting her to like the same things is another coded message that basically is as close as he can muster to saying that he likes her and wants to be with her. It's not until the ending, when he's drugged up no less, when he finally has the courage and confidence to flat-out tell her that he likes her (which is funny because this is already AFTER they kissed, but such is Meoshi's insecurity).

So that scene didn't really give me any indication that Meoshi would be closed off to trying new things and learning about Saki's interests. In contrast, the scene with Shidou that also had a bit about wanting to like the same things seemed to be meant literally and felt a little off, like Saki wanted to transform herself.
---
#19ErendhylPosted 9/8/2013 4:45:12 PM
Ah, that one. I thought that was pretty cute. I think it's all just a coded message on Meoshi's part because he's too shy and nervous to say what he really thinks. Asking her to play a game with him is less about literally playing a game and more his coy way of asking her out on a date. Saki is too straightforward to really pick up on these subtleties, so I think her comment about wanting to do other things is innocent and harmless, but Meoshi takes it as rejection across the board. If she agrees, he gets happy because he takes it as her reciprocating his feelings, and his comment about wanting her to like the same things is another coded message that basically is as close as he can muster to saying that he likes her and wants to be with her. It's not until the ending, when he's drugged up no less, when he finally has the courage and confidence to flat-out tell her that he likes her (which is funny because this is already AFTER they kissed, but such is Meoshi's insecurity).

I agree with you on this, so much. After I saw this scenes I just got the same impression. It would fit his character and just how he is (which I find really cute, though). At the end of his path, I remember that he and even Saki said or thought something along this lines that he isn't good with such things (romance).
#20dolphinmagePosted 9/9/2013 6:31:15 PM
Aussie2B posted...
In contrast, the scene with Shidou that also had a bit about wanting to like the same things seemed to be meant literally and felt a little off, like Saki wanted to transform herself.

Thinking back, I realized that Saki transforms herself to better suit her boyfriend in every path. She wants to drink coffee specifically b/c Shidou does. I don't recall her making other changes with him, but he doesn't seem to have any obvious preferences for a girlfriend either.

Mitarashi seems to push more intimacy on Saki than she is comfortable with, but she forces herself to warm up to it very fast. She also attempts to follow his advice whenever he tells her to not be so shy, even though she doesn't seem like a wilting flower in the first place. And yet, he also wants her to let him protect her at every corner. So she's supposed to be an outspoken damsel? Somehow, she tries to manage that.

Despite claiming to not like boy bands, she almost instantly becomes an uber-fangirl of Wakasa's. She's also totally cool with keeping their relationship secret, even though she doesn't seem like the type that would be okay with that. Not only that, but she basically acts as his cheerleader whenever he's feeling moody.

Despite saying that she isn't into games, she agrees to play games with Meoshi. Not only that, but she doesn't try to encourage him to do other things, even when he admitted that he was using games to escape his problems. And when he refuses to put down his games when she comes to visit, she doesn't get mad, she agrees to try out the very game he was ignoring her for. It's also strange that despite her tendency to yell at people, she almost never does it to Meoshi, making her seem like she becomes a lot more lenient of pig-headed behavior.

I can't imagine Saki as the type of teenage girl who would like to spend her weekends cleaning her boyfriend's house and taking care of his kid while he's super busy, but she happily agrees to that with Shirabe. And even worse, when Shirabe was waving his gun around and making speeches about how he would use it to protect her, Saki thinks that's the best thing ever and completely decides to imitate that behavior. So when the gun falls at her feet, she decides it's totally acceptable to shoot Hogstein, just b/c Shirabe mentioned that he would do the same for her.

She turns into a meek, feminine thing for Urabe, since he needs her to be accepting of all his dark little moods.

And she has to be the honest, supportive girl that Makoto needs, though at least she is basically forced at gunpoint to turn into his dream girl. Then again, if she stays with him after he is imprisoned, it's still bad.

Basically, Saki seems like the type of girl with no interests or hobbies of her own who just imitates her boyfriend's likes and transforms to fit his needs. It wouldn't be so bad if she was meant to just be an avatar for the player to insert herself, but Saki is developed enough as a character that we can see her change to fit her boyfriend and hear her thoughts that reveal she is doing it to be like him.