Here's why Quest Mode got cut.

#1HermanTuttlePosted 6/7/2012 9:35:35 PM(edited)
Geez, looks like I need to make a thread on this too.

Two reasons:

- It would have pushed the file size over Microsoft's 2 GB limit for XBLA games. Sad, but no way of getting around it.

- The vanilla version of VF5 with Quest Mode is still being sold on XBL's Games on Demand service (dunno about PSN), and Sega is still making money off of it. It has its own DLC, too. Sega didn't want to make the original version completely obsolete, they wanted it to retain a selling point so some new players might end up buying both versions, and maybe some of its DLC as well. This is just like how Arc left Legion Mode out of Blazblue CSE, so the original CS wouldn't be completely obsolete (and the game was already pushing the limits of 360 DVD storage).

Good enough explanation for everyone? Good.
#2Devilman_AmonPosted 6/7/2012 9:46:38 PM(edited)
Thanks

But I want them to add a beat em up story mode DLC later with 2 player online co-op
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#3HermanTuttle(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2012 9:50:21 PM
Ugh, the Tekken series has beat-em-up modes in spades if you really want 'em. But slapping these characters into an explorable environment with tons of grunt enemies has always been like fitting square pegs into round holes. The characters need to be designed for the game, and vice versa. Tekken Force is just really sloppy and uninteresting to me.
#4Devilman_AmonPosted 6/7/2012 9:58:51 PM(edited)
HermanTuttle posted...
Ugh, the Tekken series has beat-em-up modes in spades if you really want 'em. But slapping these characters into an explorable environment with tons of grunt enemies has always been like fitting square pegs into round holes. The characters need to be designed for the game, and vice versa. Tekken Force is just really sloppy and uninteresting to me.

AFAIK, Shenmue was originally supposed to be a Virtua Fighter RPG then they turned it into an original adventure game featuring a new character (Ryo).

Then later on for PS2/GC they did make an action RPG called Virtua Quest but the problem with that is you were stuck with an awful looking Anime kid and the cast was relocated to virtua 'sensei' that taught you specific moves once you found them. I didnt really like that.

Tekken's beat em up modes are okay but nothing great.

If they made one like Beatdown Fists of Vengeance or Yakuza in terms of exploration and then like Shenmue in terms of battling that'd be cool. Even the horribly mediocre PS1 Spawn game had the right idea when you explored it was normal third person but when you fought, it shifted to standard side by side fight mode like VF
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#5legendaryhero90Posted 6/7/2012 9:58:45 PM
no reason why it cant be DLC at a later date :)
---
Currently playing: Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, Castlevania Harmony of Despair, Warriors Orochi 3, Diablo 3
#6HermanTuttle(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2012 9:59:34 PM
But the fights in Shenmue take place in closed-off arenas against just a couple enemies at most. It's not like you're fighting all over an environment against huge armies like in Tekken Force.
#7420Gamer4LifePosted 6/7/2012 10:07:00 PM(edited)
I dont really like tekkens beatem up modes but i do play them what bothered me however with tekken 6 though is the damn game basically forced you to play the mode to unlock things which was a terrible idea. Back to the topic at hand your absolutely right i forgot that microsoft does have a 2GB limit and that is the main reason we probably didnt get anymore content like quest mode.

I dont think that was the only reason either though people wouldve also been pissed off if they didnt have enough room on there harddrives. I dont know how people fill up there memory on consoles but i see people worried about how much space downloadable games are going to take all the time. That or how much space an optional install will take to decrease load times.

In my opinion it was really stupid for microsoft to release some 360's consoles without harddrives because that really limits what you can do. It makes no sense especially when all the original xbox's came with harddrives and this gen you need that memory more than ever.
---
LIVE TheSativaGamer
PSN TheTHCGamer
#8ToastyAnakinPosted 6/7/2012 10:11:35 PM
typical microsoft holding ps3 games back.

I own both consoles, but this is quite sad. I wish we could have gotten a full game. I would have gladly payed up.

Next game we need quest mode back. I would love for them to add 3 characters to even out the roster.

The roster has been uneven ever since they cut Taka in VF3.
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#9HermanTuttle(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2012 10:13:05 PM
How do you define an "even" roster?

And you know that Taka-Arashi was added back into FS, right?
#10legendaryhero90Posted 6/7/2012 10:15:21 PM
Which is why i say... DLC... but eh i doubt Sega is going provide anymore support for this game after launch.

i would love to see either Quest mode, or Endless Kumite Mode like the old VF4 with numerous customized characters rather than Special Sparring.
---
Currently playing: Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, Castlevania Harmony of Despair, Warriors Orochi 3, Diablo 3