Which soundtrack is better? JP/EU or US Poll 10: Boss Theme Song

#1AranShiizaaPosted 2/1/2012 2:21:26 AM
I think this is easy as cake walk here as to who's gonna win this one.. but you never know...

JP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXLQHs89c-U
US: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8cSOUz0Fv8

I vote for the JP version all the way.

Current Results (Will be posted here soon)
---
Q: How do I have sex in this game people - csnthefirst
A: Why don't you try having sex in real life? - Dr_Mojo
#2MILSTED_11Posted 2/1/2012 5:55:32 AM(edited)
JP easily. The US version is just...creepy.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3ZimpanXPosted 2/1/2012 6:18:16 AM

US version by far... I like being creeped out. :P

#4thunderbonePosted 2/1/2012 10:53:35 AM

The US version is better, imo. The JP "Eggman" music is...well...I feel the need to wear a helmet and lick some windows whenever I hear it. The US "Robotnick" music was just awesome. Though, I thought the US soundtrack was better, all around. I mainly downloaded Sonic CD 'cos I had points to burn, and finding out Tails was an unlockable character. The laughing in the JP boss music is so...annoying. That's what makes it so "window-licky."

Not gonna bother replying to the other music polls simply because I can confirm, right here, that I like the US soundtrack better in terms of...everything. "Sonic Boom" is so much better than...ugh..."Toot-Toot, Sonic Warrior." That's just...[MULTIPLE EXPLETIVES DELETED].

"But the JP soundtrack has a more traditional sound!" Yeah, that's exactly why I like the US soundtrack more. It gave the game a very different atmosphere. Though, I won't deny my favorite stage music is, ironically, Collision Chaos - Past. (The irony, of course, being that all the Past music is the same on both games.) Same thing applied to Symphony of the Night. The music was so different than traditional Castlevania games.

I haven't died off, completely, with the JP soundtrack. I have no idea what the "Game Over" music is like for the JP version.

On a whole, if this game had been more than 400 points, I would've passed. The controls seem a bit sluggish, and there are certain things that are just "off" to me. In terms of wanting a "pure" experience, I'll play Sonic Gems Collection for GameCube.

I'm feeling nostalgic. I wish I had my VCR hooked up. Years ago, I recorded a romp through Sonic CD when I had it for my Sega CD. The Sega CD; it had so much potential, and it was never utilized. Lest We Forget...

#5EngineR2Posted 2/1/2012 2:06:28 PM
Wow. No one really cares for Xavier, Bootsy Collins and George Clinton? Bob Marley? What about Hall & Oates? Aww well.

The Japanese version features the best boss music out of any Sonic game for me. Number One. It's my all-time favorite.

Japan gets my vote.
---
Shell Mario may be just a "power" in Mario games, but by wearing the shell of a Koopa, Mario is sending the message that it's OK to wear Koopa shells.
#6Comix6190Posted 2/1/2012 2:11:50 PM
The JP version is charming as hell (I love the "cold hearted" part) but it's a bit too goofy for its own good and the whole thing feels like a joke. The US version, however, is just scary! I swear the bosses seemed harder just because of that music. Anyway, US gets my vote for now but please don't forget to poll the "final" boss music! (it won't be a fair fight but oh well...)
#7Nintendocore64Posted 2/1/2012 4:12:58 PM
The US version. Even though I would prefer the JP soundtrack as a whole, the JP boss music doesn't make it seem like Robotnik is a big joke...

US = Bad Future
JP = Good Future

That's how it should be for bosses IMO.
#8DTY3Posted 2/1/2012 5:57:03 PM
Nintendocore64 posted...
The US version. Even though I would prefer the JP soundtrack as a whole, the JP boss music doesn't make it seem like Robotnik is a big joke...

US = Bad Future
JP = Good Future

That's how it should be for bosses IMO.

Well Eggman is kind of a joke. Just look at the boss designs in this game >_>

JP by far. Itfeatures amazing artists like Bob marley and George Clinton. Also fits better with the boss design
---
http://www.backloggery.com/dty16 <----FCs
GE 4813 3424 1557 Quick Man
#9Nintendocore64Posted 2/1/2012 6:13:52 PM
Whoops I meant to say "the US boss music doesn't"... FAHHHH
#10Smash MasterPosted 2/1/2012 7:50:26 PM
So whats the point of nominations if neither of the songs that have been nominated have come up yet?

Also, Japan for normal boss, BUT US for final boss.
---
A staple formula for FF villains:
"They only do this, but lets kill them anyway!!!"