Do enemies come back?

#1GriffinHeartPosted 4/14/2012 5:11:26 AM
You know, like in Dungeon Hack or Dungeon Master 2 where they respawn indefinitely? Or is an area clear for good after you've defeated everyone?
---
Behold: the fiery destroyer of worlds.
I walk again, a god among mere mortals. Who shall burn?
#2MrEverdredPosted 4/14/2012 5:22:31 AM
Pretty sure they stay gone for the most part but there are a couple areas where they respawn.
---
Phenom II X4 960T | 8GB Mushkin Silverline | XFX HD 6850
Add me on BC2: xEverdred
#3snoognz123Posted 4/14/2012 6:48:25 AM
I've thought I've cleared an area only to be attacked from behind. Be ready for a surprise attack every time you open a door or hit a switch or plate and listen for a secret door opening up in the distance unleashing enemies on your behind.

I always have a safe spot planned, either a gate opened by chain or an alcove I can stand in so I can control the fight and not get surrounded. It's funny opening a gate, have a swing then close it again before they can hit you back.
---
Assumption is the mother of all stuff ups.
#4GriffinHeart(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 1:22:18 PM
Ok, nice balance that way.
---
Behold: the fiery destroyer of worlds.
I walk again, a god among mere mortals. Who shall burn?
#5Nano KitsunePosted 4/15/2012 4:23:16 PM
Backtracking old floors will always be empty of monsters, so I'm pretty sure they don't respawn.
---
Aku: You can fly?!
Jack: No. Jump good.
#6AmyndrisPosted 4/15/2012 4:51:14 PM
Not usually. There are some areas with infinite respawning enemies (Level 4 in the Menagerie for example) that you can farm for XP, but the exception than the rule.
---
Salute the Victors
#7Bullshifty12Posted 4/15/2012 4:59:16 PM
GriffinHeart posted...
You know, like in Dungeon Hack or Dungeon Master 2 where they respawn indefinitely? Or is an area clear for good after you've defeated everyone?

There are some enemies that do respawn. The first time you see Ice Lizards this will be the case...but that's not til level 9.

In fact; when you do finally meet them, they become a good source of food and experience if you're willing to grind a bit.
#8GenTRPosted 4/15/2012 7:09:23 PM

I always have a safe spot planned, either a gate opened by chain or an alcove I can stand in so I can control the fight and not get surrounded. It's funny opening a gate, have a swing then close it again before they can hit you back.

lol I'm glad I'm not the only one doing the open/close gate thing.
#9cloakedboltzPosted 4/15/2012 7:28:31 PM
Most of the enemies that you think respawn are just released from a secret passage somewhere when you trigger something.

Sometimes you just need to walk on a completely normal tile for it to trigger.
---
<sarcasm>I'm a certified doctor on GameFAQs, trust me.</sarcasm>
#10kobalobasileusPosted 4/16/2012 12:09:28 AM
GenTR posted...
I'm glad I'm not the only one doing the open/close gate thing.

It was a staple in Dungeon Master. I'm just sad that doors no longer slam on monsters' heads and damage them before they can back up.