My review.

#1Lord BladePosted 4/17/2012 1:41:56 PM
http://cgmonthly.com/game-reviews/pc-games/891-legend-of-grimrock.html
---
Are today's games made for 1 armed, drunken kids with downs-syndrome? - krazy168
The politically correct term is "casual gamer" - wubikens
#2chazr72Posted 4/18/2012 11:39:16 AM
Awesome review,right on the money.
#3BettyUboaPosted 4/18/2012 11:50:44 AM
So, how well does Almost Human pay for good reviews? I can't imagine it's that good, since they're kind of small.
---
Die the death! Sentence to death! Great equalizer is the death!
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6749/trollkastel.png
#4John_DanePosted 4/18/2012 6:56:32 PM(edited)
Yeah, 95 is an inflated, "honeymoon" score, methinks. That's like saying it's on the same level as, say, Ocarina of Time, Chrono Trigger, and the other greats. It's cool that you really like the game, but damn.
#5tzuydPosted 4/18/2012 10:52:16 PM
Well this game is easily less boring than Chrono Trigger was, so fair enough.
---
"Instead of engaging the trolls and playing their game, mark them and move on. Engaging the trolls only gets you into trouble."
#6garou_downPosted 4/19/2012 6:25:53 AM
I think if you have not already played Eye of the Beholder, it would be really hard to give this game a score higher than 80. I think nostalgia got in the way of objectivity.
#7tzuydPosted 4/19/2012 7:18:27 AM
The metacritic average is 82. Are you implying 16 professional reviewers aren't doing their jobs properly?
---
"Instead of engaging the trolls and playing their game, mark them and move on. Engaging the trolls only gets you into trouble."
#8Lord Blade(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2012 7:23:58 AM
The game received the score it did because it delivered just what they promised.

No, it wasn't some huge epic like Ocarina of Time. But that's because they didn't set out to make that.

They wanted to make a classic style first person dungeon crawl in the style of the Eye of the Beholder games, and they did just that. And quite a wonderful job of it too.

It didn't get a perfect score because there is a little here and there than could be tweaked to make the game even better. But it's being rated against what they set out to deliver.

The fact that the level editor is coming out is just adding even more to the quality of the game as that will start adding great replay value as player made dungeons are released.
---
Are today's games made for 1 armed, drunken kids with downs-syndrome? - krazy168
#9PKMNsonyPosted 4/19/2012 8:44:56 AM
Some people think OoT is overrated though...

I would agree that 95 seems very high though, but it's TS's opinion. Not like he'd agree with some of our scores either.
#10Lord Blade(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2012 3:17:01 PM
Look at it this way, I would give the original Portal a 10/10.
Though personally, I didn't like it. It's not my type of game and I didn't really enjoy it.
But I review it based on what it was supposed to deliver. They wanted to make a good looking first person physics based puzzle game with an interesting story that had some humour to it. And they did a perfect job of delivering just that.
Doesn't matter if I think it's good or not according to my tastes, I'm rating it against what it's supposed to be.
I did the same with Grimrock.
---