whatis this game?? is it steam only?

#1pspmaster23Posted 4/24/2012 6:37:59 AM
Does it play like elder scrolls?
---
i39.tinypic.com/15zf39y.jpg i40.tinypic.com/vzyq6t.jpg <D2 My Puppie>
Psn Demon_SouL Account made-Dec/06 Youtube.com/Demonsouls15
#2JabbrwockPosted 4/24/2012 6:44:02 AM
The game is an old school dungeon crawler. It is available on Steam, or GoG.com, or from the developers directly. It is not much like Elder Scrolls at all. I suggest watching one of the many YouTube videos about the game to get an idea what it's about.
---
The most important thing to remember about sword-chucks is that they are almost as dangerous to your opponent as they are to you.
#3MelchiahPosted 4/24/2012 6:58:42 AM
You should get it off of www.gog.com

It's DRM free there. Great site with a great community.

Nothing like Elderscrolls other than being in a Fantasy Setting.

It's more like Wizardry series. You make a party of people that you never see. You walk around a dungeon in 1st person mode in a block/grid like style and explore. Puzzles, traps, secrets and enemies bar your path.

It's an old genre of gaming that you don't really see these days. It's rather a great throwback to old school gaming but with new age visuals and such. Looks great is very immersive and can be quite challenging.
---
Currently Playing: Legend of Grimrock, Team Fortress 2, Minecraft.
#4tzuydPosted 4/25/2012 3:19:02 AM
If you're not familiar with the genre (Dungeon Master, Eye of the Beholder), watch this to help make up your mind:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzIiXx-8BHc
---
"Instead of engaging the trolls and playing their game, mark them and move on. Engaging the trolls only gets you into trouble."
#5Grunt_Master_29Posted 4/25/2012 7:25:52 PM
I'd get it direct from the developer at the Almost Human - Grimrock website. You get a Steam key AND the DRM free copy. Also, all the money goes to the devs that way. :)
---
Currently playing: Skyrim
#6MelchiahPosted 4/25/2012 8:49:39 PM
Grunt_Master_29 posted...
I'd get it direct from the developer at the Almost Human - Grimrock website. You get a Steam key AND the DRM free copy. Also, all the money goes to the devs that way. :)

True, but by buying from GOG you support the main gaming site that tries to encourage all DRM free gaming as well as the devs.

The more people that buy from GOG, the more the message is sent to game makers that gamers want DRM free gaming and there is profit in doing so.

Buying straight from the dev is great and all but I think you can actually send a good message by buying from GOG.
---
Currently Playing: Legend of Grimrock, Team Fortress 2, Minecraft.
#7tzuydPosted 4/26/2012 1:53:12 AM
I bought from GOG because I wanted to reward their decision for selling new games DRM free.
---
"Instead of engaging the trolls and playing their game, mark them and move on. Engaging the trolls only gets you into trouble."
#8Grunt_Master_29Posted 4/26/2012 9:41:28 AM
Melchiah posted...
Grunt_Master_29 posted...

True, but by buying from GOG you support the main gaming site that tries to encourage all DRM free gaming as well as the devs.

The more people that buy from GOG, the more the message is sent to game makers that gamers want DRM free gaming and there is profit in doing so.

Buying straight from the dev is great and all but I think you can actually send a good message by buying from GOG.

Almost Human gives you a DRM free version AND they actually made the game so you would rather reward some middle man? DRM free gaming is great and I'm all about that, but you don't get good new games from a place like GOG without the developers. Also, GOG isn't gonna surpass Steam (like ever), so your point is moot.
---
Currently playing: Skyrim
#9tzuydPosted 4/28/2012 12:57:00 AM
I think you missed his point actually.
---
#10GoryForMePosted 4/29/2012 10:31:57 PM
buying from gog helps support cd projekt though :]