any point in upgrading your elemental mastery pass the point..

#1OtakuGameraPosted 4/27/2012 8:28:50 AM
after you upgraded your fireball or etc damage? seems like the rest just gives you some really minor stat bonus and a huge resistance at the end which seems kinda pointless..
---
oh admonishing melody, arise in the name of the necromancer!!! MYSTIC CAGE!!! - blast you into oblivion :P
#2akastePosted 4/27/2012 1:26:13 PM
having a mage in the party in this game is pointless in the first place.
---
He's such an engineer that he uses a design even when dealing with a woman (c) R&D director
#3WonderkikPosted 4/28/2012 1:13:00 AM
My 1-hit-kill Fireball launcher Mage disagrees ;)

I don't see a point either, pumping Spellcraft now to get even more damage.
#4VeiledGenesisPosted 4/29/2012 3:34:37 PM

having a mage in the party in this game is pointless in the first place.

You can argue that about any class. Don't be stupid.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#5JabbrwockPosted 5/3/2012 10:26:33 AM
I believe that the elemental magic skills are made fairly weak beyond the improved bolt perk to free up skill points for spellcraft. As for spellcraft, the sooner you get started, the better. Those willpower bonuses make a substantial difference in the long run.
---
The most important thing to remember about sword-chucks is that they are almost as dangerous to your opponent as they are to you.
#6MogFF3Posted 5/9/2012 12:01:14 AM
More skill points in an element = more damage with that element's spells.
#7Ninjatsu FF8Posted 5/9/2012 4:35:12 AM
I did air skill until it gave me the party bonus. My first playthrough I was decimated by the wyverns shooting lightning, so I got an air mage to get lightning shield, and the wyverns are only there for like 2 lvls....
Seems kind of pointless to have a mage though..... unless its an ice mage.
#8Whippet_basicPosted 5/16/2012 6:00:42 PM
I'm fairly happy with my fire mage - there are a fair number of those fire elemental type guys in the dungeon so having someone who can cast flame shield to let you face them head on is quite handy.

I've got the orb that improves fire spells and enough fire magic skill points invested so I can do a fair bit of damage with fireballs.

A mage is handy when the game stops you from constantly shifting your position to avoid hits and attack from the flank. The basic ice spell is quite nice since it can hit multiple enemies in a row.
#9alkarion_logPosted 5/21/2012 9:37:03 AM
in worse case, mages are there to cast enchant arrow so I can keep my dam to max :p

you could say mages are a little clumsy to work on, since all spells need you to press the runes to cast, but if you are fast, have a good memory, and know how to time right, you ahve a good utility class there to help or do damage, I also would say to no just keep one kind of spell raise one for at least cast the basic one so you can deal with ones resistant to your main spell line
---
FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and some money
#10Whippet_basicPosted 5/28/2012 1:15:11 PM
Fast and good memory isn't always essential for using a mage. Just have your spell runes punched in advance so as soon as you see the monster you can unleash on them. Even the basic fire spell which requires only one rune is handy in a fight - especially against groups.

Given how powerful the upgraded fireball spell is, you often won't need to do much extra punching in runes since your enemy will die pretty quickly.