Fighter's Challenge was easy

#1tony8669Posted 12/1/2012 9:56:28 PM
Save the key you get from the Ogre.

Now, as soon as you teleport in to the Fighter's Challenge, move forward (as well as cast spells or use missiles)... you can either get in front of the gate, or one step from it. You'll want to fight your way to the gate, then to the keyhole to the right of it.

Now, use the gold key at the keyhole, fight your way back to the where the gate opened, and go in. Now, you'll only be fighting enemies in front of you, and it's all easy at this point.
#2Whippet_basicPosted 12/2/2012 4:03:56 PM
Rather than using the key, there is a secret door off to the side from where you start. If you can battle your way to it quickly enough you can have your rear protected.

Another trick people have found is to lob grenades in through the entry teleporter to wipe enemies out before they can even touch you.
#3tony8669(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 10:38:28 PM
Whippet_basic posted...
Another trick people have found is to lob grenades in through the entry teleporter to wipe enemies out before they can even touch you.

Yeah I don't like that, you'll lose a bunch of xp.

On a similar note, I started the game over, and there's that early trap where you get ambushed by three skeleton warriors (second level, I think). Kind of funny, I just threw a torch onto the pressure plate from outside the room, it closes the door and launches the ambush... and all you do is open the gate and fight them one at a time.
#4tony8669(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 6:57:20 PM
I realized something else: if you don't have the gold key, you can turn left and do essentially the same thing using the secret room there.
#5Whippet_basicPosted 12/13/2012 2:34:40 PM
tony8669 posted...
I realized something else: if you don't have the gold key, you can turn left and do essentially the same thing using the secret room there.

I said that in my first reply.
#6XhoylPosted 1/1/2013 3:51:49 PM
I agree, that room had methods to abuse. Know which one I hated more? The herder room. No safe spots, and poison cloud spewing until even your fighters die in a pool of their own bodily fluids. They are persistent, unrelenting morons. So I just lobbed a ton of bombs through the teleport. They give crappy xp anyway. And even then they still didn't all die. I had to run through, grab the keys and get out of dodge. With one person left alive. How is this considered fair? I have no idea.
---
http://deathbypencil.wordpress.com/
#7tony8669(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 8:42:49 PM
Whippet_basic posted...
tony8669 posted...

I said that in my first reply.

LOL sorry, I forgot about what you wrote, simply posted after I replayed that level.
#8iheartcboroPosted 1/25/2013 7:14:13 AM
nah i found it quite tough but i didnt do it that way. amazing little fight though it should be said, really keeps you thinking. the game was too easy until then
---
Where is my sanity?
Have you taken my sanity away from me?