Any way to simplify movement for timed pit puzzles?

#1DuneManPosted 12/23/2012 12:27:43 PM
Right now I'm thinking specifically of the pit room on level 6 of the game. I can get the first three buttons on the pillar, but only through tons of frustrating quickloading and whatnot, but it is to the point where I'd probably trash this game if it were a physical copy.

Is there some way to optimize character movement, or is this just one of the weaknesses in the game's design? I see people reference using outside programs to do things like attack or cast spells, because the point and click interface is terrible compared to the speed at which enemies attack. Is there any solution for movement, or is it something people elect to willingly slog through?
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#2glowinghyrenPosted 12/23/2012 3:03:15 PM
Make sure no one is encumbered and turn the all of the graphics options to low and set the resolution to something pretty low. That usually makes movement faster.
---
Rogues do it from behind
#3Crimson681Posted 12/29/2012 8:32:44 AM(edited)
Yeah I don't like some of the puzzles in this game. The particular one on the 4th floor for the feathered cap was particularly difficult, I was never able to get through the door, and I couldn't figure out where I was losing time at. I bolted straight there making as few turn arounds as possible, and it started closing just as soon as I approached the door. After 20+ failed attempts I just gave up on it. I even watched a video, and the guy did basically the same thing I did for a dozen attempts, but got it the first try? The timers on some of these doors are far too narrow. I shouldn't have to spend 10+ tries, or possibly never to get past a door with a timer on it. Some of these you don't even have a millisecond to spare. I got very good dexterity with my hands/fingers, and someone much less agile than me would certainly find most of these to be completely impossible no matter how many trial and error attempts.
#4tony8669Posted 1/12/2013 9:50:22 PM
I was able to get past them by saving part way though. The trick is saving in a way that gives you enough time to move after you've reloaded.
#5iheartcboroPosted 1/25/2013 8:15:30 AM
make sure you arent too encumbered.

also as for the feathered cap puzzle, the Checkered Floor room was the hardest puzzle for me-i just didnt think to make tiles into a chessboard for about 9 hours (literally)
---
Where is my sanity?
Have you taken my sanity away from me?