use premade party?

#1allthumbsPosted 12/27/2012 1:16:17 PM
Is this foolish for a new player or a reasonable option? No spoiler please - thanks
#2DannyAICPosted 12/27/2012 1:50:56 PM
allthumbs posted...
Is this foolish for a new player or a reasonable option? No spoiler please - thanks

Look it will probably work but they allready put points into skills, gave you their special abilities etc. if this doesn't bother you than use it, I personally like to customize my own and make them the way I like. You should DEF plan your party a bit, it will pay off later on.

Plus if I remember correctly the premade party is crap
---
Marcello: They took out four of my guards! Angelo: (whistles) Marcello: .......yes well..
#3wilsonbenPosted 12/27/2012 4:35:36 PM
I decided to just try the premade party first. I'm happy with it. A couple of the skill choices are weird, but other than that no big deal. Next play through I will definitely make my own party though.

Also, it's not a bad idea if you just want to get the feel for each class. Play 30 minutes or so, kill so baddies, and then see what you like.
---
Trout
#4allthumbs(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 7:30:35 PM
I ended up trying the premade party as well, and so far, the choices don't seem much different from what I would choose. It's hard to make characters and choose skills when you don't even know what you will need later. Plus, I usually find myself over absorbed with trying to make the best possible combination of characters and end up taking away fro the fun of the game.
#5RassiumPosted 12/28/2012 10:11:00 PM
I did the premade party and I had no issues with it. I'd recommend it to newcomers, as it's pretty well-balanced. Save the power-gamey stuff for a hard mode playthough, in my opinion.
---
"WINNERS DON'T USE DRUGS" -WILLIAM H. SESSIONS, FBI
im 2 much for these trolls and 3 much for these 4children
#6Crimson681Posted 12/29/2012 8:41:58 AM
Can't go wrong with ice magic. There are some particularly nasty enemies you can freeze in place for a few secs, that otherwise might make the difference between life and death.

I wouldn't recommend 2 mages, just because of how poor the UI is for casting spells, and how inefficient it is. Spells are already very costly as it is, which more than makes up for their versatility over weapon attacks, and the stupid clicking on the runes every time to cast a spell is just dumb. Managing 2 mages in a fight is definitely something I wouldn't have fun doing. Making a crappy UI as an attempt to make the battles more challenging is just a terrible idea. The old school games didn't purposely have a crappy UI, it was just the best they could do, and purposely doing that in a newer game is no excuse.
#7tony8669Posted 1/12/2013 9:55:26 PM
If I remember correctly, didn't one of the premade guys have points put into two separate weapon skills?

Maybe I have him mixed up with Toorum.
#8MarikhenPosted 1/30/2013 8:09:33 AM
I wouldn't recommend 2 mages, just because of how poor the UI is for casting spells, and how inefficient it is. Spells are already very costly as it is, which more than makes up for their versatility over weapon attacks, and the stupid clicking on the runes every time to cast a spell is just dumb. Managing 2 mages in a fight is definitely something I wouldn't have fun doing. Making a crappy UI as an attempt to make the battles more challenging is just a terrible idea. The old school games didn't purposely have a crappy UI, it was just the best they could do, and purposely doing that in a newer game is no excuse.

AutoHotkey and good skills with the number pad solve that big time. :-D
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.