The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

So what kinda reviews did the game get in Japan?

#1hailnickgriffinPosted 2/28/2012 8:44:26 PM
Also if you've played it yourself please give your own review!
#2Hours_LeftPosted 2/28/2012 9:06:47 PM
The only "official" Japanese review I'm aware of is Famitsu's. It scored 9/8/9/8.
(Source: http://andriasang.com/comzw9/famitsu_reviews/)

But Chunsoft has mentioned today that they have received a lot of positive feed back from fans, so much so that they are already considering a third game in the series.
(Source: http://andriasang.com/con04b/good_people_die_sequel/)

---
Currently Playing: Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii), Toki Tori (Wii), SoulCalibur V (PS3)
#3akwan_tarotPosted 2/29/2012 12:43:25 AM
There is a negative review at "Game no Sekai". Apparently someone doesn't like the open-ended ending or something.
#4Neo_SarevokPosted 2/29/2012 9:25:48 PM

^ I was afraid an ending like that might happen ever since they announced the idea for a 3rd game so soon. To accomodate the 3rd game, they probably felt the need to include several cliffhangers. Of course, I haven't played the game, so I'm only speculating.

#5akwan_tarotPosted 3/1/2012 7:16:56 AM
That negative reviewer gave 4 complaints (besides the complaint against the cliffhanger ending):

1. clumsy controls in escape part
2. no voice in escape part, plus a certain ending scene in novel part
3. lame jokes
4. cannot skip staff credits after ending (which must be seen many times)

I agree with #1 and #4, but these are not big flaws. #2, for escape part I believe that is due to resource/schedule limitations, and I won't mind the game as-is if they have to add 2000 yen to the price to add voice. For ending scene I haven't reached that yet. #3, the jokes are lame, but I don't mind since I often talk lame jokes myself (being a typical middle-aged man).

The above points are objective, but the complaint against the ending is subjective. I am near the ending, and will give my own judgment after I finish it.
#6miyuki308Posted 3/1/2012 9:46:50 AM
Escape part isn't that bad once you figure out that flicking the screen is not the only way to move the camera. For Vita, anyways. Not sure about the control for 3DS.
---
Playing: Zennin Shiboudesu
Anticipating: Nayuta no Kiseki
#7nakonakonakoPosted 3/2/2012 8:44:38 AM
Well, lame jokes don't matter since the localization team can change them.
#8akwan_tarotPosted 3/3/2012 7:23:20 AM(edited)
After having finished this game, I liked it and welcome the sequel. Anyway, this game is more explicit than its prequel in laying down the threads for a sequel - to the extent that one can already expect what setting the sequel would be in.
#9PurpleMasterPosted 3/3/2012 3:28:07 PM
akwan_tarot posted...
After having finished this game, I liked it and welcome the sequel. Anyway, this game is more explicit than its prequel in laying down the threads for a sequel - to the extent that one can already expect what setting the sequel would be in.

I like you, sir.
You do not spoil, but you tease people in a noble way.
#10alobblobPosted 3/3/2012 4:39:19 PM
^
Seconded.
---
"Time for a change of PACE!!!" - Dr. Eggman