3DS version's controls

#1Phazon_ChaosPosted 10/3/2012 8:42:54 AM
For anyone who has played the Japanese version, how are the controls for the 3DS version? I was planning on getting the game on Vita, but after playing the demo I'm a little worried that the clunky controls will take me out of the experience a bit. My main problems coming with turning during the escape sections and writing anything on the screen.
#2OmegaReaper21Posted 10/3/2012 9:27:21 AM
I for one would prefer a stylus. (I don't have a Vita so I don't know how it works)

I assume the slow camera movement that I've heard of would have the same issue on the 3DS version though.
#3PurpleMasterPosted 10/3/2012 10:15:27 AM
I feel ok with Vita, but it's clear that the game was designed for the 3DS. Anyway, after the demo room, I'm sure that I can stand the clunkiness.
I won't give up on trophies, sharper graphics, screenshot capability and multiple saves for a stylus controlled touchscreen... :-P
#4OmegaReaper21Posted 10/3/2012 10:24:25 AM
PurpleMaster posted...
I feel ok with Vita, but it's clear that the game was designed for the 3DS. Anyway, after the demo room, I'm sure that I can stand the clunkiness.
I won't give up on trophies, sharper graphics, screenshot capability and multiple saves for a stylus controlled touchscreen... :-P

I won't give up $250 on a vita.

sorry, I had to say it. If I did have a vita though, I'd probably get this for the Vita.
#5PurpleMasterPosted 10/3/2012 10:27:58 AM
OmegaReaper21 posted...
PurpleMaster posted...

sorry, I had to say it. If I did have a vita though, I'd probably get this for the Vita.

You're right. I have a Vita only because my sister bought one, since she is a die-hard Uncharted fan and wanted to play Golden Abyss at all costs.
I would have never bought one.
#6OmegaReaper21Posted 10/3/2012 12:03:59 PM
PurpleMaster posted...
OmegaReaper21 posted...
PurpleMaster posted...

You're right. I have a Vita only because my sister bought one, since she is a die-hard Uncharted fan and wanted to play Golden Abyss at all costs.
I would have never bought one.

I can understand. If the right game came out I'd get one but I just don't see that game coming out anytime soon. Monster Hunter would have been the only one I can think of but now that it's going to be on the 3DS that doesn't matter anymore.
#7Phazon_Chaos(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 12:19:26 PM
PurpleMaster posted...

See, that's why it's tough for me, since I really don't care about trophies or slightly better graphics (they're just nice bonuses) and I wouldn't really use screenshots or multiple saves, so I'm kind of leaning towards the 3DS version now. So if the controls are notably better, that would win me over (plus I just kinda like the idea of having the same series all for the same console/brand).
#8miyuki308Posted 10/3/2012 12:39:08 PM
Phazon_Chaos posted...
I wouldn't really use screenshots

You're gonna wish you have the ability to do it during some parts of this game.
---
Playing: PSO2, Project DIVA f (Take my money, SEGA!) / On Hold: P4G, Nayuta no Kiseki
Anticipating: Zero no Kiseki Evo, Atelier Totori Plus
#9PurpleMasterPosted 10/3/2012 12:42:31 PM
miyuki308 posted...
Phazon_Chaos posted...
I wouldn't really use screenshots

You're gonna wish you have the ability to do it during some parts of this game.

Oooooooooh, so hyped...... :)
#10nemesiskite55Posted 10/3/2012 6:24:36 PM
PurpleMaster posted...

We can do screenshots on Vita? I made the right choice then.

Though my decision to go for Vita was because the 3DS version looks hideous in comparison. And I don't even care much for graphics
---
Playing: MGS HD (VITA), Madden 13 (VITA), MK9 (VITA), Disgaea 3 (VITA), SMT3 (PS2), Silent Hill 2 (PS2), Jet Grind Radio (DC), LoZ: Minish Cap (GBA)