I wonder if they will change the script for the JP voice track.

#1HiddenDoorwayPosted 10/4/2012 11:44:52 AM
Since I've already noticed some small differences between the two in the demo. Like, in the JP version Alice says 'door 1, door 2, door 3, door 4' (In Japanese, obviously), but in the English demo she says 'door 1, door 2, door 3, etcetera'.

And I'd imagine they would have to change a lot of the jokes. But at the same time, it would be a little weird. For me, at least.
---
http://i.imgur.com/RCzU6.jpg
#2Ergot_CholeraPosted 10/4/2012 12:13:13 PM
I didn't really think of that before, but the script will surely have some changes. How will the Japanese voice overs and English text work? If you can understand Japanese speech (probably very few people) then the English text will not match.
#3PurpleMasterPosted 10/4/2012 12:21:24 PM
HiddenDoorway posted...
Since I've already noticed some small differences between the two in the demo. Like, in the JP version Alice says 'door 1, door 2, door 3, door 4' (In Japanese, obviously), but in the English demo she says 'door 1, door 2, door 3, etcetera'.

And I'd imagine they would have to change a lot of the jokes. But at the same time, it would be a little weird. For me, at least.

Ben Bateman said that playing the game with Japanese voiceovers can be awkward for people that understand some japanese. He obviously had to modify some things, but the script in english will always be the same, regardless the voice language you choose.
My Japanese is still rusty but I can understand some things.
For example, in Corpse Party there were huge differences between what a character said in Japanese and what appeared on the screen. But that can't be helped.
I dunno why they didn't include door 4 in the english dub, I had noticed it too.
#4NinetoZeroPosted 10/4/2012 12:21:24 PM
No, the script will be the same as the English translation from Aksys. Don't worry. :)
---
Currently playing: Devil Survivor Overclocked, 999, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Ever17
3DS FC: 4382-2149-3504
#5HiddenDoorway(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 12:25:30 PM
That would probably be weird hearing Yotsuba but seeing Clover. And they changed the name of something pretty important apparently, and that thing has an English name that is pretty easy to notice. So that will be weird too.
---
#6IAznDragonI YanPosted 10/4/2012 12:39:58 PM
From: HiddenDoorway | Posted: 10/4/2012 12:25:30 PM | #005
That would probably be weird hearing Yotsuba but seeing Clover. And they changed the name of something pretty important apparently, and that thing has an English name that is pretty easy to notice. So that will be weird too.

---
Friendship...is dangerous. What you need now isn't friendship - it's ruthlessness
- Tachibana
#7PurpleMasterPosted 10/4/2012 1:28:22 PM
HiddenDoorway posted...

Leaving the Jap dub is always a fanservice. People love to hear Japanese, even if they don't understand a thing, except for words as kawaii and others like that.
I don't want to seem like a veteran that spits on lower beings, since my Japanese skills are terrible (really, 200 Kanji...), but I prefer hearing something I actually understand than random words in a foreign language. I'll play the game in english, then I'll try it out in Japanese, just to improve my hearing skillz.
Anyway, yes, sometimes scripts have to be adapted to the "subtitles". I mean, I watched the Gyakuten Saiban movie a few days ago, and I chose subtitles that had the original names.
So, yes, once you know that Naruhodo is Wright, you are fine. But hearing "Naruhodo!!" and reading "Wright!!" seems really wrong... (hehehe, wright, wrong... :D)
#8miyuki308Posted 10/4/2012 2:21:37 PM
HiddenDoorway posted...
changed the name of something pretty important apparently, and that thing has an English name that is pretty easy to notice. So that will be weird too.

It took me almost an hour to notice that they're the same thing. (JP PSN, can't dl the EN demo.)
---
Playing: PSO2, Project DIVA f (Take my money, SEGA!) / On Hold: P4G, Nayuta no Kiseki
Anticipating: Zero no Kiseki Evo, Atelier Totori Plus
#9PurpleMasterPosted 10/4/2012 3:16:09 PM
miyuki308 posted...
HiddenDoorway posted...
changed the name of something pretty important apparently, and that thing has an English name that is pretty easy to notice. So that will be weird too.

It took me almost an hour to notice that they're the same thing. (JP PSN, can't dl the EN demo.)

You're talking about Soporil /Mandorein and Tubocurarine/Haimetorin?
#10HiddenDoorway(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 3:30:25 PM(edited)
No, the thing I was talking about wasn't actually in the demo. Or well it kind of was, it was in the giant melting pot of terms in the opening.

A friend and another person that he knew found that Clay Dolls had been replaced with Myrmidons. Possibly because The acronyms won't match up with things like 'GAULEM' anymore, since it was changed to General-Purpose Autonomous Control Labor Electronic Machine.

Edit: By the way, those aren't really spoilers. They're just names with very little context, and they're all in the opening/trailer, but I'm just being safe.
---