Zero Escape: Volume 3 *999/VLR SPOILERS ALLOWED*

#41LexyvilPosted 11/3/2012 10:58:42 AM
I really hope to see Junpei in there. He was an epic protagonist. He needs to be in every Zero Escape!
#42RazumPosted 11/3/2012 3:59:52 PM
My only real concern is the fact that if the 3rd game is indeed set there, we lose one aspect that the first 2 games had.

Both of the first games had us awakening into a situation we knew absolutely nothing about. Literally everything was a mystery up until towards the very end of the game, and I feel that was a large portion of what made both games so good.

Don't get me wrong, the 3rd still has plenty of room for mystery, but we (as players, not the main character) would already have a pretty good idea of what was going on in the grand scheme of things.
---
UMvC 3 Team:
Hagger/P.Wright/Spencer
#43PsyrenCallPosted 11/3/2012 4:15:03 PM
LunarRoar posted...
Mangafreak17 posted...
So, anybody think Brother is Santa?

My guess is either Santa or Snake. I lean a little more toward Snake because Dio's haircut is similar to Snake's but it's a toss-up either way IMO. On top of that there's that translation "error" that I've been reading about where they refer to Brother as the "brother of Y," which may be a reference to Clover (Clover is Yotsuba in Japanese).

That's not possible. First off, Ace is a member of Free the Soul, and was so before and during the events of the first Nonary Game. Santa and Snake were both children at that point, not anywhere near old enough to run a cult like Free the Soul. Second, Left is a man, not a woman, this is a fact as Dio is a clone of him. Unless Brother is performing gender swaps on Left's clones, it can't be either Santa or Snake as they both have sisters. It also wouldn't make sense since at the point where they lose their sisters, the first terrorist attack has already happened.

Part of me thinks the character we meet at the end is some kind of alternate version of Junpei, since he's a significantly more powerful Esper than anyone else we've seen so far. One from a timeline that either managed to stop the attack on the reactors, or from a timeline where he was more directly involved in Akane's ridiculous plans. He knows too much for it to be Junpei, but really, I just want Junpei to be the key player in ZE3 in spite of Akane for being such a cruel, heartless slag.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
#44StormTRPosted 11/3/2012 6:47:00 PM
Call me dumb but...I'm going "what character we meet at the end?" Since the last scene in it for me was 23 year old Sigma (y'know, minus the eye and original arms) staring out the window as the reactors blew up and I don't remember any other character showing up.
---
"Truth had gone, truth had gone, and truth had gone.
Now truth lies in darkness of the sinister hand."
#45Thefunyarinpa(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 6:52:57 PM
StormTR posted...
Call me dumb but...I'm going "what character we meet at the end?" Since the last scene in it for me was 23 year old Sigma (y'know, minus the eye and original arms) staring out the window as the reactors blew up and I don't remember any other character showing up.

You're missing an ending!

Beat all of the Escape Rooms on Hard Mode, and make sure you have all of your Archives, then check underneath Phi's Ending on the Flowchart.

Enjoy. :)
---
*Official Quark of the Zero Escape board!*
--------------3DS FC: 1289-8486-6925--------------
#46DatuDugoPosted 11/3/2012 7:44:54 PM
Funyarinpa gets revealed! The battle transcends time and space!
---
Junpei: (Once again, I gaze upon this stately ladder.) "Ladder? I don't even know her!"
#47StormTRPosted 11/3/2012 8:07:45 PM
Thefunyarinpa posted...
StormTR posted...

You're missing an ending!

Beat all of the Escape Rooms on Hard Mode, and make sure you have all of your Archives, then check underneath Phi's Ending on the Flowchart.

Enjoy. :)

That's weird, I did every room I went through on Hard mode and got the Gold File password. I mean, I didn't get the Game Over's a couple of times, so do I need to do those? And uh, do you get different Archived Files for beating the puzzles on Easy that I'd need? Because well, I didn't go through anything on Easy.
---
"Truth had gone, truth had gone, and truth had gone.
Now truth lies in darkness of the sinister hand."
#48SpecterVonBarenPosted 11/3/2012 9:20:32 PM
Considering that this takes place in a testing facility and how we are lacking quite a bit of mystery going into it knowing what we know. I wonder if one of the elements that will be different is how the puzzle rooms work. In the first two games, the danger was almost always outside of the puzzle rooms because the puzzle rooms were set up to be solved by the players. But in the next game, the problems occurring are due to someone deliberately trying to sabotage this mission so the puzzle rooms could actually be the most threatening part of the game.
---
George Carlin~ Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.
My Father~ Failure is ALWAYS an option... but giving up is not.
#49rvsoldierPosted 11/4/2012 2:47:44 AM
...Anyone think the Y in Free the Soul of Y is really an upsilon? The Greek character Y. Expanding on it, Sigma, Tau, Upsilon, Phi are all back to back in the Greek alphabet. And Tau and Phi are related in a few senses.
#50SpecterVonBarenPosted 11/4/2012 5:52:39 AM
rvsoldier posted...
...Anyone think the Y in Free the Soul of Y is really an upsilon? The Greek character Y. Expanding on it, Sigma, Tau, Upsilon, Phi are all back to back in the Greek alphabet. And Tau and Phi are related in a few senses.

Ooooo, that's a good thought.
---
George Carlin~ Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.
My Father~ Failure is ALWAYS an option... but giving up is not.