Why does everyone hate Alice? (Spoilers)

#1StreetPasWantrPosted 1/28/2013 7:37:38 PM
Please only say stuff from paths that aren't locked at the beginning (Like Dio's, Clover's, to ve continued, and all the other Game Over endings) and K's, Alice's, and Tenmyouji's endings. I haven't played anything else yet.
---
I hate my name. Pretend it's something really cool until 2023. Hopefully, I'll have a "compelling" reason by then.
#2WolfeyesVIIIPosted 1/28/2013 7:42:32 PM
Basically, the fact she's unpleasant, ninja-stabs you, will ***** slap you to hell and back if you betray her first but then laugh in your face if you trusted her, and the fact purpose in-game is pretty limited. We don't get to see her do much because she's almost always either dead or unconscious.
---
I'm a GIRL damn it!
Currently playing: Persona 2: EP (PSX)
#3zinformantPosted 1/28/2013 7:46:02 PM
You shouldn't be making character tournaments until you've finished the game...SOMEONE is bound to spoil you, bud. :/

Frankly, Alice has no redeeming qualities. I'd like to ask you what there could possibly be to like about her.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#4WolfeyesVIIIPosted 1/28/2013 7:48:01 PM
^Well, on paper, there's things you can admire. That she has a lot of drive and ambition, that she'd go to great lengths to avenge her dad, the fact she's confident and does math as well as a human computer...

....Unfortunately, these aren't the traits we get to see shown off. Instead, we just keep getting the worst from her.
---
I'm a GIRL damn it!
Currently playing: Persona 2: EP (PSX)
#5StreetPasWantr(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 7:54:50 PM
WolfeyesVIII posted...
Basically, the fact she's unpleasant, ninja-stabs you, will ***** slap you to hell and back if you betray her first but then laugh in your face if you trusted her, and the fact purpose in-game is pretty limited. We don't get to see her do much because she's almost always either dead or unconscious.

That's what I like about her. I guess I like devious b******.
---
I hate my name. Pretend it's something really cool until 2023. Hopefully, I'll have a "compelling" reason by then.
#6Ro9gePosted 1/28/2013 8:14:55 PM
I really liked her. Why? Basically, in her character ending, how we see her some to terms with what she did and what it was like to nearly kill yourself. Yes, we see the worst of her, but we also see how bad she feels when reality slowly hits her. It's very well acted, and has Blue Bird Lamentation to accompany it as well.

She also gets some good lines in, like her "What the hell" reaction to Zero III mentioning going below 0 points kills you. XD But it seems people just remember more her betrayal than anything else. Even though Sigma didn't hate her, I think she was right about the rest of the players when she said they hated her for what she did. And there's the fact that her going missing gets old fast.
#7kwando1313Posted 1/28/2013 9:04:27 PM
She's boring. That's why I don't like her.
---
"[Soccer] is like chess, only without the dice." -Lukas Podolski
#8SigmaSlashPosted 1/29/2013 5:50:14 PM
I don't hate her, but I feel her character is largely unnecessary to the plot. She really doesn't do much of anything aside from explain what the bombs are.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMnhk26J1bM (Proof that Superman and Sephiroth are one and the same.)
#9zinformantPosted 1/29/2013 5:57:16 PM
SigmaSlash posted...
I don't hate her, but I feel her character is largely unnecessary to the plot. She really doesn't do much of anything aside from explain what the bombs are.

ALLICE?
SOIS?
Factoring Dio's code in her head?
Provide an instance of the future changing the past in the AB game?
Be Snake's replacement as the one Clover depends on? This also leads to Clover 'killing' Luna (nobody else would have gained motivation to do such an extreme deed).

I'd say she's pretty important plotwise. It's the character interactions where she suffers. Like said above, her good qualities we don't see.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#10Spidey5Posted 1/29/2013 6:08:43 PM
She's a woman. You are always in the wrong.